First time with halves and guess what...

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I picked up $275.00 worth and turns out I was skunked. I got them from my credit union after I called them and all the rolls where marked. I double checked everything and did not find one keeper. Oh well, now I now not to get them from there. The teller threw me a curve ball because she said I was her new best friend and to stop by at least once a week. On top of that, that won't order me any boxes, says they don't do that since they are only a credit union. Oh well, my wife's bank said they are more than happy to order boxes for me which I plan to order one in the morning. By the way, how long does it usually take for a bank to receive them? Any one know? Well, wish a newbie CRH good luck and good luck to everyone else!
Pepperpump : ???

Upvote 0

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
It's not fun to get skunked your first time out but it can only get better. My bank orders coins on Thursdays and I get them the following Thursday. Credit Unions can order you halves, one of the Credit Unions I have an account at said they have to order $2,000 at a time but they don't mind doing it for me twice a month.

Good luck hunting.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Same deal with me. Only 2 banks will order halves for me, and their minimum order is $2,000. Luckily I only have to buy $1,000 at a time, they come in 2 bags.
Takes a week to come in.

reskinsrock

Oct 23, 2006
It looks like the teller likes you... you should hook up with her... wait never mind... you have a wife... sorry wife ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions