Copper penny hoards, (?)

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still setting copper aside. I consider them a by-product of my search for wheat or older cents, error coins, etc. My hoard is growing so I'm starting to sell them when I can. I have close to 700,000 of them. In the time it's taken to find that much copper of found more than 15000 wheat cents.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Spizz: that's a heck of a lot of copper. How do you store so many without creating secondary problems (cash tie-up, storage, weight, etc.). I'm nowhere close to a number like that. Now for your sake, if copper can triple/quad in price, then you will make a nice profit. Keep on coppertizing, HH.

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I roll them and stack them in the garage in $25 boxes. I know some will be concerned for me because a said where they are located, but you can trust me when I say no one can get to them. As far as tying up cash goes, if I ever need it before the melt ban is lifted, I've got it. I like what you said about triple/quad in price but I'd be happy with a lot less.
Spizz: that's a heck of a lot of copper. How do you store so many without creating secondary problems (cash tie-up, storage, weight, etc.). I'm nowhere close to a number like that. Now for your sake, if copper can triple/quad in price, then you will make a nice profit. Keep on coppertizing, HH.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still setting copper aside. I consider them a by-product of my search for wheat or older cents, error coins, etc. My hoard is growing so I'm starting to sell them when I can. I have close to 700,000 of them. In the time it's taken to find that much copper of found more than 15000 wheat cents.
Ouch - too bad u didn't sell a couple years ago - easy double on your money. Now you may be sitting on that 5000 lbs of coin for a while.

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha. This thread prompted me to check eBay.

I've got 9, 5 gal Home Depot buckets full.

Most of this came from this year, I searched anywhere from $150-400 worth a week.

I quit about a month ago because I'm out of town for work. Will pick back up after New Years.

Was going to start selling them after New Years but I'm thinking twice now that I've seen the price has gone down. Was getting $170 for $100 fv all day long last year...

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I had about $125 FV saved up, but when my mother passed in September, I needed cash and rolled them up. I don't feel bad about doing it and I don't bother culling the copper any more, just wheats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread