Havent posted in a while. Got some cool stuff today.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't posted in a while. Got some cool stuff today.

One of the tellers at a bank I frequent saved some old bills for me. A 57 silver cert and a 1928 20 dollar bill. Neither are worth that much but they are still pretty cool. I rarely find any silver certs in my area (this is the 7th I've come across in the last 3 or 4 years). Still finding silver coins but I don't know what my totals are right now for the year because I stopped keeping track back in October after I got into a head on collision and my car was totaled. I had to cash in a ton of my silver to get a new car until my insurance finishes my claim. I'll probably use the insurance money to recoup my sold silver, but anyways...Glad to see there are still some of the "old timers" on here and happy to see a lot of new people as well (although you are taking my silver...so you should probably stop and go back to your old hobby :laughing7:). Happy hunting everyone and Happy holidays if I don't post again before New Years!

Attachments

• 81oXryU.jpg
    81oXryU.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicwe finds. Old paper money is always a fun find.

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah, the good 'ole days when our currency was actually backed by something!!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about your car accident. Hopefully you get a good amount back from the insurance company. If I got any money I would be ordering online from good dealers, because our LCSs charge ungodly premiums for their silver. they say quote, the lower the price silver is, the higher the premimum. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense because they are buying it for a couple of cents above melt. And yet my LCSs are charging 4-5 dollars over melt. Makes my stomach ache just thinking about it. One day at a time is what I have been trying to do, so I pass on that nugget of knowledge. Get some nice sweet silver.

Sincerely, Garoulady

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about your car accident. Hopefully you get a good amount back from the insurance company. If I got any money I would be ordering online from good dealers, because our LCSs charge ungodly premiums for their silver. they say quote, the lower the price silver is, the higher the premimum. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense because they are buying it for a couple of cents above melt. And yet my LCSs are charging 4-5 dollars over melt. Makes my stomach ache just thinking about it. One day at a time is what I have been trying to do, so I pass on that nugget of knowledge. Get some nice sweet silver.

Sincerely, Garoulady

I've been buying coins from the same couple places for years. I can usually pick up whatever I want for spot price because they know me. There are a few coins (ASE, Maple Leafs, or other bullion coins) that they want me to pay a premium on, but if it is regular circulating currency from any country I can usually just pay spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread