7th-13th totals and 1 cool foreign coin find

StoneFree

Oct 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I only went through 8 boxes during this week picked up 4 at the beginning of the week and it was 4 more skunks pushing my skunk streak to 32 with only 4 40% found in all 32 boxes. I picked up 4 more boxes Thursday and did not look through them until Friday night fully expecting more skunks but I actually found 8 total ) 1 1964 Greek 30 Drachmas, 1 64 kennedy, and 6 40 %'s. Heres a pic of the Greek coin that took me 30 minutes to research what it was. IMG_2162.JPG IMG_2157.JPG

I wanted to add this info I found about the coin. The coin commemorates the wedding anniversarry of King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie
Specifications Diameter - 30mm Thickness - N/A Weight - 12gr
Composition 0.8350 Silver .3355 pz. ASW mintage 1 million

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love foreign silver. Neat coin.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! I love foreign silver coins, although I have never found one in a half dollar roll before, it is on my wishlist to find a foreign silver in a half dollar roll.
Also for reference, a skunk streak is considered any amount of boxes in a row that does not produce ANY silver, you are on a bad streak with halves, though.
Thanks for sharing,
HH
Buff

OP
OP
S

StoneFree

Oct 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Buffalo I know I still considered it a skunk streak though. Hell 32 boxes and only found 4 really bad, and those 4 prob came out of the same box early on in that streak. I've been doing what I can to prevent some of the same coins coming back to me but I think I've about cleared this city out. Im putting them in the coin bags now that hold $1000 hoping they send them off or something to another location.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Very cool. I bought one of those at an auction a year ago for $1 because nobody knew what it was. Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread