clown crher messing up my good bank, help

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
So went in today for my normal ten boxes and my awesome teller holds back an 11th.box. of course I ask and sure enough a dude ordered it. No biggie there is more then enough to go around. Then she tells me that not only is he giving her an Attitude, but he's saying he's going to dump the box back at the same branch. FOOL.
So how do I deal with this idiot? I'm thinking planting a already search box with rewrapped rolls for him next time hr orders.

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well what's your relationship with the teller?

Rude/demanding might eventually shut you down.

A few things.

1) Tell her to just cut the guy off- that it's not good karma to search and dump, and it will make more work for her. I know banks that will only order halves for people they know/trust and say they don't for others.

2) Bring a very clearly repacked dump (with colorful words on the rolls/coins? "1964" "CRH LOL" on coins or rolls). But the teller might not like this (he may complain), or it may start a shooting match between you two, with throwing back dumps at each other and getting it shut down.

3) Ignore it, but it may create a negative relationship with roll ordering at the bank.

4) Confront him, but the guy sounds like a jerk and he'll probably just want to "get back at you". No reasoning with stupid.

5) Kill her with kindness. Be extra courteous, bring snacks, etc. Even offer to buy his dumps and take care of them for her. The night and day between you two will win out in your favor and just make him look more like a jerk. He'll dig his own grave eventually.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I have a great relationship with her. I'm thinking redumping on him is the best bet. It won't piss her off and he might get the picture that this branch isn't worth his time

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well what's your relationship with the teller?

Rude/demanding might eventually shut you down.

A few things.

1) Tell her to just cut the guy off- that it's not good karma to search and dump, and it will make more work for her. I know banks that will only order halves for people they know/trust and say they don't for others.

2) Bring a very clearly repacked dump (with colorful words on the rolls/coins? "1964" "CRH LOL" on coins or rolls). But the teller might not like this (he may complain), or it may start a shooting match between you two, with throwing back dumps at each other and getting it shut down.

3) Ignore it, but it may create a negative relationship with roll ordering at the bank.

4) Confront him, but the guy sounds like a jerk and he'll probably just want to "get back at you". No reasoning with stupid.

5) Kill her with kindness. Be extra courteous, bring snacks, etc. Even offer to buy his dumps and take care of them for her. The night and day between you two will win out in your favor and just make him look more like a jerk. He'll dig his own grave eventually.

And #5 is the Winner!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the idea of re-rolling with only the words "older coins", this way he doesn't know for sure as AG or skunk. Tell her to say these came in the other day from a nice kind older gran-mother whose husband recently passed away. I'm sure that Mr Jerk will take the bait, skunk & all, figuring he's got to open them all just to make sure not to pass up any silver.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go with #5 as well. One extra box to dump won't make much of a difference. If you're in really good with the vault teller, what the other CRHer(s) do or don't do won't affect you in the least. She can cut him off while leaving your privileges intact. Now, if she's looking for an excuse to get rid of you, then others' actions can have a direct influence on your ability to CRH.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I like the idea of re-rolling with only the words "older coins", this way he doesn't know for sure as AG or skunk. Tell her to say these came in the other day from a nice kind older gran-mother whose husband recently passed away. I'm sure that Mr Jerk will take the bait, skunk & all, figuring he's got to open them all just to make sure not to pass up any silver.

That's exactly what I did.she stressed to me that she doesn't want to deal with him bc he's rude and wants to crap where he eats

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I'd go with #5 as well. One extra box to dump won't make much of a difference. If you're in really good with the vault teller, what the other CRHer(s) do or don't do won't affect you in the least. She can cut him off while leaving your privileges intact. Now, if she's looking for an excuse to get rid of you, then others' actions can have a direct influence on your ability to CRH.

I'mnot worried about her so much as I am the branch manager. He is a tool so if he has ab excuse to cut all of us of he will. And when he sees this clown bringing back the box he just picked up yesterday that all the excuse he needs

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Lol I guess I don't understand. He might be posting in another forum how to deal with you! lol No, offense meant, I've searched boxes and bags, for years off and on. What cracks me up is when people take this stuff so personal.lol We are searching coin rolls! The banks have to hate this extra work as it is, why cause more work or frustration to the banks? You could start a coin roll mafia! Catch him outasidea and breaka his a legs a! JKg don't do that!!!

Get rid of me....... I'm not the one trying to crap where I eat. I honestly wouldnt have cared about his one box if he wasn't going to ruin it for me with his horrible crh edicate
Rule two of crh don't dump where you pick up.

DadOfTwo

Nov 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT, Vulcan 360 pp.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I'd either go with #5, or something really subtle. From what you say about the teller, would she play along with giving him your dumps? (I'm CRH ignorant.) That way he'll just think he's wasting his time at this source, and go elsewhere. Don't send any messages or anything, or, like mentioned, it might start a war. From my experience jerks have no patience, and it shouldn't take more than a couple of skunks for him to 'decide' to move along, none the wiser. And if the teller doesn't like him she can laugh up her sleeve without confrontations. I do like your idea of taking his dumps off their hands. Do whatever you can to make life easier with the teller, and get the jerk to move on without tipping your hand. Thats what I say. Yes, he'll dig his own grave, but you may be able to sell him a shovel and speed him on his way.

Last edited:

statch

Jan 4, 2013
FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Other
I think our first (mine at least) impulse is to seek and destroy like leaving people like that our dumps. BUT in this hobby I have to remind myself to focus on the long term by staying calm and taking the wisest course of action. I would do one of two things:

1. I would (you probably already have, but still) giver her my phone number and tell her to let me know whenever he dumps there. You dont want them sitting on his dumps for very long. Thats when they get annoyed at CRH. Most banks that have halves going out faster than they have coming in, have no problem with CRH at all. That one extra box a week shouldn't be a problem.

2. If things start to get real bad, I would try to find a way to discourage his efforts at CRH because as we all know, as he becomes successful, he will start to do volume and suddenly, he will be at all your banks. You only want to do it in ways that wont cause problems. Maybe, if possible get there in the morning before him on pickup day and have a box of your repacked dumps all prepared. Since you have such a good relationship with the teller, you can talk to her and mention if it would be possible to let you swap your repacked box with his that just came in. That way he always picks up a repackaged dump. Im sure she'll be on board if you tell her that this is the quickest way to get him to stop coming. And as we all know, this will stop any CRHer.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The bank can easily not order for him if they are annoyed with him. Ordering coins is not a right but a privilege. You can remind the bank folks that if they get annoyed with him, they can just not order for him anymore.

If you really want to get rid of the guy, you can ask the teller to swap out a repacked dump box. You'd have to re-crimp wrap the rolls (time consuming) and reseal the box. Although with the typical NF String boxes that you get in your area that are glued, it maybe more difficult to do to make it look un-tampered.

One of the banks that I frequent had a guy that did that years ago with pennies. This was years ago when copper cents had a premium. The guy would get boxes, CWR's, and dump back at the same bank that day. They were annoyed. So I sorted a box of zinc pennies back into plastic wraps (which don't exist in my area anymore) and sealed the box to make it look un-tampered. The guy got the box and stopped going there for a while. Although that didn't deter him over time. He returned months later but by then, he didn't dump at the same bank anymore. I guess he learned his lesson. However the guy did pick off some of my ordered boxes which annoyed me at times since he usually didn't order any of his own boxes. I actually ran into him at some point, he was a very eccentric older guy that had 14 k face value in copper cents in his garage. He slowed down his copper penny hoarding probably because his wife complained. Nice guy in person but just doesn't seem to have his coin etiquette down.

Last edited:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Suggest to the teller to let him return the halves back, and give them back to him when he wants more. Just keep the same box in the vault for him; if he's stupid enough to bring them back to the bank, he'll get the same ones over and over again.

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"So went in today for my normal ten boxes and..."

Being a small-time hunter, I just marvel at the casualness of that sentence every time...

But more to the point, my advice for best action is no action. The previous post said it best: if the bank has a problem with a customer, encourage the teller to file a complaint -- especially if this guy doesn't have an account there. I know his presence disrupts your hobby, but anything you directly do just invites Murphy's Law. Put the onus on the bank.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Suggest to the teller to let him return the halves back, and give them back to him when he wants more. Just keep the same box in the vault for him; if he's stupid enough to bring them back to the bank, he'll get the same ones over and over again.

This is the best answer I've seen.

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Yeah, i would just eat the one box he brings back if you are worried about being cut off. I have brought boxes back and left them for others who crh at my bank(just because the vault teller told me and i asked her if i could just bring them back instead of her ordering extra for the other guy and after a couple weeks i was the only person ordering from that bank lol) if you think it would cause a problem just buy it and dump with the other ten, otherwise defend your bank.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used

Being a small-time hunter, I just marvel at the casualness of that sentence every time...

But more to the point, my advice for best action is no action. The previous post said it best: if the bank has a problem with a customer, encourage the teller to file a complaint -- especially if this guy doesn't have an account there. I know his presence disrupts your hobby, but anything you directly do just invites Murphy's Law. Put the onus on the bank.

Back to amateur hour.
Sounds like you have a big problem with us volume hunters so let me explain something to you and everyone else who has a problem with volume hunters for the last time.
Crh is a dieing hobby. Not because of volume hunters like myself and the thousands that search high volume, but bc banks are realizing the sheer number of crhers. It's is only a matter of time before banks will no longer order or except boxes, let it be one or twenty, for normal customers. I have banks near me that no longer except coin period.
Richhartford always told me it's only a day away from being all over so search all you can when you can

Last edited:

DadOfTwo

Nov 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT, Vulcan 360 pp.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Back to amateur hour.
Sounds like you have a big problem with us volume hunters so let me explain something to you and everyone else who has a problem with volume hunters for the last time.

Boy, I sure didn't read it that way...

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the two cents

I think he's right.

I am the same way, I do decent volume, but the idea of a 10 box half pickup is mind boggling to me. Just the size, cash involved, transportation, dumping, etc. The idea that that's your regular pickup is just astounding because I couldn't imagine handling that much, not because I disagree.

I think it's perfectly fine if you've got the system and you're not arrogant about it, like a few I've seen. If you're able to keep doing it, then you must be doing something right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions