First nickle box.....what should I look for?

miamilatin

Jul 19, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after ready a few posts on here finally decided to get myself a nickle box and start my first true year of CRH a week early. :tongue3: I know to look out for buffalos, "V" nickles and also the war nickles, 2005 speared bison and i also have cherry pickers guide with me (although its 2 years old). Reading through some treads Ive heard of "grease strikes", "busted die", amongest a long list of others lol. Im planning to keep anything pre-1960. What should I pay attention to? ???Any advice would be great. Thanks and HH! Will post my finds on this thread once done =)

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look at my reply to thread "question for nickel experts" started by Darth Walker dated Sept 24 on Page 5 of this forum. that should answer some of your ?. look for '82 P&D, '83 P&D, and '92 P with full steps are they are also premium prices. there is a seller on Ebay who has sold 31 1971-D Jeffs in the past year with an alleged die break CUD, I have never found 1 in 304 boxes searched. can't stress enough spending $15 for a REDBOOK for the vast info it provides. HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you know what to look for already, personally I don't look for errors and vatieties in nickels, just pre 1960 nickels, buffalo, war and v nickels. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread