Crossing over

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419815596.285565.jpg my dad gave this as a Christmas Gift. Not specifically crh but close related.

Upvote 0

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find coins both ways and finding them either way is still a rush. Have fun with you new toy.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck - I've been hooked seven years straight now, hundreds of silvers of all varieties dug in parks and yards, the possibilities are endless -

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I've been wanting to get into MD'ing for years now, but have not pursued it yet.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we are on this topic, what is a nice model for a guy never detected before? I am think about get one for myself as different way to fill some holes in my Dansco 7070.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Garrett Ace 350, and I haven't found a silver coin in two years of light detecting. I did find a sterling ring, an Indian cent, and some wheat cents. Give me good ol' coin roll hunting any day.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a Garrett Ace 350, and I haven't found a silver coin in two years of light detecting. I did find a sterling ring, an Indian cent, and some wheat cents. Give me good ol' coin roll hunting any day.
It's because you don't own Minelab.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot of us here on the 'Net have varying interests that cross over into different forums. I dabble in the CRH, but my posts are primarily MD related. Good luck in all of your hobbies!!!

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
We have a White's Coinmaster Gt. It is pretty good inexpensive md. Have only found 1 silver coin ( 64 rosie ) but have found lots of other coins at the local parks.
We are also into gold prospecting. We try to go as often as we can to the American or Bear rivers with our sluice and pans.
More time is spent CRHing than any of the other hobbies.
It all gives me lots of time with my son.
I would love to be able to afford a minelab.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
We have a White's Coinmaster Gt. It is pretty good inexpensive md. Have only found 1 silver coin ( 64 rosie ) but have found lots of other coins at the local parks.
We are also into gold prospecting. We try to go as often as we can to the American or Bear rivers with our sluice and pans.
More time is spent CRHing than any of the other hobbies.
It all gives me lots of time with my son.
I would love to be able to afford a minelab.
I would love to try sluicing or panning -
A used ML Explorer can be found in the ballpark of $500, which I consider inexpensive.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A used ML Explorer can be found in the ballpark of $500, which I consider inexpensive.

Yeah, that's not bad actually. The Ace 350 new was $300 or so.
When my brother and I first decided we wanted to metal detect, I told him to pick something awesome right away while we had the money and the time to commit to it. Inconceivably, he chose the Ace 350. A year later he bought a better detector. A couple months after that he bought an even better one. Meanwhile, I still have the damn 350. On top of that, a house payment and two babies. So it could be a Minelab or a yellow broom handle with a frisbee taped to one end, it would probably get the same amount of use these days.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge

There is gold to be found in every state. Some have more than others. I happen to live in N California so there are a lot of places to sluice and pan.
Check to see if there is a GPAA ( Gold Prospecting Association of America ) chapter near you. It does not cost to join. They usually have monthly outings. There are also usually members into MD too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions