Who is the oldest active crh here?

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be posting here for two years as of this coming March, I think it was March anyway.

HH

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Technically I've been CRH since 1961 when I started collecting with my dad. We would go to the banks and get rolls of various coins, or go to "gum-ball" vending machine vendors and buy bags of pennies. It was a lot more fun back then, found all sorts of old coins. We saved all wheaties of 1939 & earlier (of which I still have today). It's only too bad I didn't save all the silver back then. It was FUN. That all being said, then I could say I've been CRH for 53 years, however back then we did not call ourselves CRH's only "coin collectors".

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm older than the CRH forum, I remember when they created it to move all the CRH's out of Today's finds

HH
-GC

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 2010 is when I started volume hunting, but I have been buying boxes here and there since about 2005, but at that time I was only doing penny boxes and the occasional nickel box.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not talking about age but how long since they began posting here?
DW

:coffee2: A lot of people seem to have misread the question because they're answering how long they've been crh not when they started posting. I started posting on TNET relatively late as I've only been posting since Jul 2011.
Double HH
Gary

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3/12/05, though I mostly lurk these days. enamel7, goldencoin and I suspect others will celebrate a decade here this year.

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3/12/05, though I mostly lurk these days. enamel7, goldencoin and I suspect others will celebrate a decade here this year.

Good to hear from you again Immy, as always.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin roll hunting? My gramps is the king at that. He was doing that since the 1950's, and still does it. I need to get him on this forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Darth Walker

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your gramp will be able to tell us great stories about the old good says. He is a valuable addition to this forum I am sure.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined back in December '06, but mainly lurking for the past couple years as I haven't been doing anywhere near the volume I was previously. Just started back into it a little more again last month, but still only a couple bags a week or so.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Christmas Day 2006.

Immy, gman, good to see you're still around. Happy New Year and continued Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread