Nice to see when openning a box

ForumRunner_20141229_134446.png

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't SHE purddy! Love seeing a lady surrounded by men. I had yet to find a Merc ender. Was there anything else in the box? Great catch & HH.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Box only produced the one merc. totals on the day where pretty good.
10- rosies
4- mercs out of 7 boxes.
BAd part was I got shorted 17.00 on the dump so I basically paid for them. Sucks

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Certain coin counting machnes, and far too many if you ask me, count dimes as cents.

I'm guessing that is what is being referred.

Only two dollars of it was cents. Idk how but recently my dumps on dimes have been coming up short

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its harder when its abunch of dimes, but have you tried dumping slower? Made a big difference for me with dimes.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent dumped a dime in TD for years now. Dimes go to Cap One or PNC. Too much of a fight to get the TD manager to realize they are all in the penny bag and credit me.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent dumped a dime in TD for years now. Dimes go to Cap One or PNC. Too much of a fight to get the TD manager to realize they are all in the penny bag and credit me.

Lol I had the same problem. I got the print out and it showed like 85 Pennines and I new there was not a single penny. When I told the teller they opened the machine and sure enough there was a pile of dimes sitting on top of the pennies. I had to slowly explain this to the teller. SLOW I stress. After 15 minutes of explaining something to what I started to think was a 3 year old they finally got it and gave me my money.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

I had an entire box of dimes counted as cents before. Luckily the manager came over and opened up the machine and saw that the cent bag was filled with dimes. She asked if I knew how many dimes I had, and I said a whole box of $250. Gave me my money right then and there.

Never put a box of dimes through a coin counter again.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly what you mean-- the dimes aren't being counted as cents, but the full amount is not being counted, meaning maybe 2 dimes are going past the censor at once??
Only two dollars of it was cents. Idk how but recently my dumps on dimes have been coming up short

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a dump bank that gave me cash on the spot multiple times for shortages as I am known very well at this location, I would never use that to my advantage since they send the bags out to be counted anyway.
Nice!

I had an entire box of dimes counted as cents before. Luckily the manager came over and opened up the machine and saw that the cent bag was filled with dimes. She asked if I knew how many dimes I had, and I said a whole box of $250. Gave me my money right then and there.

Never put a box of dimes through a coin counter again.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I find that putting dimes in the counter at a "slower" rate helps. When dimes are dumped in mass, the spinner tries to force dimes thru the penny slot. You can sometimes hear a heavy "CLUNK" sound when that happens, coins are jammed/forced in the wrong slot.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find that putting dimes in the counter at a "slower" rate helps. When dimes are dumped in mass, the spinner tries to force dimes thru the penny slot. You can sometimes hear a heavy "CLUNK" sound when that happens, coins are jammed/forced in the wrong slot.
This is good advice, I do the same when dumping dimes in a less reliable machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread