Roll differences?

takeonestepback

Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there isn't supposed to be a diff in banks, etc but is there difference in where the banks get the rolls? Noticed all the went through a few boxes lately and the ones from one bank were predominantly 70s, and the other was predominantly 90s and 2k. Nothing special either or in great shape. Both banks had different wraps, etc.

Also is it customary for a bank to charge? Local bank a friend works at apparently charges per box, like for pennies $6.50 per, etc. I understand halves but charging $26 per $100 in pennies ordered is a bit much. But others i haven't had that much problem with. Just the one who got mad because i was ordering any coins at all. Lady was really rude, even to the point she told me loudly that customers are only allowed so many boxes..ever, in the lobby as I was walking out after I was told it would be a few days delivery for my next box. On the light note of it a older gentleman flat out asked if he's paying her to order coins he asks for, why the hell is there a limit. Then told her if she treated someone like that again he was pulling his business out and going somewhere more pleasant to customers. That seemed to stop her in her tracks a bit.
I never return the coins to the same bank, much less the same branch within a 60 mile radius. Few banks actually know what I am doing and promote it. One Wells Fargo(branch manager and 8 tellers) asked if i find anything good to bring it in to show them.

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there isn't supposed to be a diff in banks, etc but is there difference in where the banks get the rolls? Noticed all the went through a few boxes lately and the ones from one bank were predominantly 70s, and the other was predominantly 90s and 2k. Nothing special either or in great shape. Both banks had different wraps, etc.

Also is it customary for a bank to charge? Local bank a friend works at apparently charges per box, like for pennies $6.50 per, etc. I understand halves but charging $26 per $100 in pennies ordered is a bit much. But others i haven't had that much problem with. Just the one who got mad because i was ordering any coins at all. Lady was really rude, even to the point she told me loudly that customers are only allowed so many boxes..ever, in the lobby as I was walking out after I was told it would be a few days delivery for my next box. On the light note of it a older gentleman flat out asked if he's paying her to order coins he asks for, why the hell is there a limit. Then told her if she treated someone like that again he was pulling his business out and going somewhere more pleasant to customers. That seemed to stop her in her tracks a bit.
I never return the coins to the same bank, much less the same branch within a 60 mile radius. Few banks actually know what I am doing and promote it. One Wells Fargo(branch manager and 8 tellers) asked if i find anything good to bring it in to show them.

:coffee2: As far as bank charging for coins, that's up to the individual bank. The banks do charge their commercial customers for their coins. Some banks will charge you in order to get rid of you if you're not a customer. They also don't want to be bothered doing it for you. It all depends on the bank branch & the people working at that branch. I personally won't order my coins from a bank that would want to charge me a fee. If you read the previous posts you will see that this subject has been discussed before.
HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread