$20 roll

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Every time I see one I imagine old coins. Last summer I found a $20 shotgun roll that had 'Silver' written on the side of it. Inside were 34 silver halves and 6 clads. Found another ~45 silvers in the $10 rolls that came with it.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Two weeks ago I got a $20.00 roll of halves that someone wrote KEEP on it. I could not get out to my car fast enough to open it. Solid roll of bicentennial :(

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes the average non-CRH person doesn't know the difference between silver & clad coins. They think that all coins are "silver".

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More likely they actually thought the 1976 coins were special and worth something over face.

OP
OP
Johnny_Omerta

Johnny_Omerta

Nov 26, 2014
Texas/Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
I think people think bicentennials are worth more. I run in to people that save the quarters and their heart is broken when i tell then its nothing special . I dont say anything anymore because what somebody likes is their business. If thwy ask what it is worth i would be honest though.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think people think bicentennials are worth more. I run in to people that save the quarters and their heart is broken when i tell then its nothing special . I dont say anything anymore because what somebody likes is their business. If thwy ask what it is worth i would be honest though.

Not to mention if they hold on to them it's less I have to search through!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I got $20 Half CWRs from a bank, I asked if they had any halves they would like to get rid of and the teller asked around and came back and said they had $140 in the vault if, if I could wait 15 minutes, OK I said. Well they hand me 7- $20 rolls of halves, and tell me they had had them there for a long while. Oh -Boy, I couldn't wait to get to the truck and take a peak, well, long story short, they were solid Bicentennial halves, what a let down.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to get a $20 cwr just for the wrapper, even if the coins were skunks. I could use it to store my silver and it would look real neat.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to get a $20 cwr just for the wrapper, even if the coins were skunks. I could use it to store my silver and it would look real neat.
Hey BB, if I didn't throw the rollers out (and I don't believe I did), then, if you want them, then they are yours.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
We have always had good luck with $20 rolls. There is a bank about 100 miles from us, they have always had $20 rolls. We get there about twice a year and have not been disappointed.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• 100_9015.JPG
    100_9015.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 89

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same exact style wrapper, but it only says $10 on them... my pickup bank has a box full of them. The vintage look is neat.
We have always had good luck with $20 rolls. There is a bank about 100 miles from us, they have always had $20 rolls. We get there about twice a year and have not been disappointed.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread