Getting back in the saddle - thwarted on ordering boxes

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
Just looking for some advice as I get back into the hobby. I've been out of it for two years now and have closed or switched to savings a lot of my accounts at banks, and I'm at a new job so I don't have any existing relationships with banks in my area.

I've asked at 3 banks, two of which I have savings accounts at, and one that I am not a customer at (told them I'm willing to become one) but have got a NO at each one on ordering boxes. When I started this it was really simple to get boxes of halves.

Are there any suggestions on cultivating this? Should I just sign up for a checking account at a couple banks, form a relationship and then try to get boxes? I used to do about 4 boxes a week, sometimes 8. Never a giant volume like some. Would never dump at a pickup bank, always saved dumping for chase as I have a significant relationship with them.

Upvote 0

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep trying different banks until you find one that says yes.

Persistence has been the key for me.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no magic tricks that I know of. Either a bank will order boxes for you, or it won't. Sometimes one that will turns into one that won't. If you visit enough banks, hopefully you find enough that will. Good luck.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey conpewter, nice to see you getting back in the game, as Arkie and MM said, just be persistant, I have branches of my order bank that won't order for me or stopped ordering for me, I just went to another branch and asked if they could, that is how I have done it. Good luck and keep us posted. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
conpewter

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
Thanks all :) I'll try some other banks, and maybe try these banks again in a month or two as I like to have pick up banks on the way home from work.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, its nice to see you posting again!! And Like others have said, if one bank doesn't order for you, the bank down the street probably will. Don't be afraid to open up an account at a new bank if they are willing to order for you, its all about building good relationships with the tellers too. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread