Charging for boxes

mjh955

Feb 12, 2011
Norcal
I've been coin roll hunting for a few years now in Northern California. Never had an issue getting boxes from Wells Fargo until now. Because of my work schedule I search a box of pennies or nickels maybe once every couple months or so. Now they want to charge $5 to order a box!! Anyone else having this issue? This will be my first nickel box since last May. Hopefully I can post some good results.

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I don't even get boxes. I might just get like $20 in nickels and $100 in dimes. Getting coins to search that way might be a loophole in the charging for boxes. Just a thought

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been coin roll hunting for a few years now in Northern California. Never had an issue getting boxes from Wells Fargo until now. Because of my work schedule I search a box of pennies or nickels maybe once every couple months or so. Now they want to charge $5 to order a box!! Anyone else having this issue? This will be my first nickel box since last May. Hopefully I can post some good results.

:coffee2: Lots of other banks out there, check with them to see if they would order you boxes without fees. BTY do you have account with Wells Fargo? If you a account holder you might be able to order a occasional box for no fee. I personally won't get a box from any bank that wants to charge me a fee.
HH
Gary

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask for as many rolls as you can get( just shy of a full box count )- then they may not be able to "policy " you out of what you want .
These banks are getting increasingly less willing to do anything for anybody that doesn't result in them making money off of you !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread