my first error coin

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking thru some of my jars of change the other night and checking my 1998, 1999 and 2000 Lincoln cents for errors and found this die clash and it probably isn't worth much, but it's my first error coin and I'm happy.
It has what looks like columns from the reverse stamped on the obverse between the nose and chin on the right and between liberty and the ear on the left. After having Ken Potter's book: Strike it rich with pocket change nearly 2 years, I finally found my first error coin and hope some of the valuable ones are in one of my jars when I go thru them. This probably isn't worth anything or maybe a few bucks. It's a start. Taking it to the coin show this weekend along with my no date standing liberty quarter. It's so worn, if there are any 3 stars on the lower part of the back, I can't see them. Just want an expert to look it over. Found 3 corroded pennies in about 45 minutes Saturday and an old doorbell with what looks like aluminum wiring and after about an hour Sunday, just some old shell casings including a 38-40 casing.
error penny 001 (Custom) (2).jpg error penny 001.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has little if any value, but it's a good start. Now that I found one, maybe I can find something more valuable.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for educational purposes, the 98,99 and 2000 wams aren't errors, they are varieties.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks enamel7, I need all the education I can get.

CRH

Nov 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Clash ;). Still have yet to find one, probably cause I don't take the time to look for them.
-CRH

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. It's hard to make myself sat down and do it with other things I do, but since I couldn't go anywhere I used the time as an opportunity to look thru my change and was rewarded. No money value, but just helped me be confident I can find error
coins or varieties with my book and optics. I'll be glad when the cherrypicker's guide comes thru the library system. It's been showing in transit for about a month.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread