ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Awesome score! I don't think I've seen that stamp come through here yet... maybe I'll make a special request :laughing7:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I have never seen a stamp mark on any of the boxes I get.

You shouldn't worry about what ugotit22 gets on the east coast. What they get is completely different from what we get out here. If you've read the older posts on this forum about CRHing, the east coast boxes will always be better than out west. The reasoning is simple, the population was bigger on the east coast than the west in the 1960's or before. More coinage was created or transferred to fit the need. You'll notice that mintage figures historically have been higher for Philadelphia Mint than Denver in the past prior to 1970's. Barring getting some coin hoarder's dream box dump, the CRHers on the east coast (particularily the northeast) have the west beat.

As far as boxes go, it doesn't really matter. The code stamp refers to CWI boxes that contain N&F String wrappers. I've gotten those out here before too but they made a switch about a year ago. Those boxes had holes on them too so that one can see the rolls inside. I no longer get those boxes anymore but it really doesn't matter. The best single most valuable coin I ever found was in one of square two deck variety boxes you posted years ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Thanks guys
Back when Rich and I used to order from td coded boxes always Produced amazingly. My experience however with Dunbar is the opposite, normally coded boxes are the pits

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score. You have been very consistent finding silver. Congrats. DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread