starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys/girls,

Its been awhile, finally bought my house and that took all my funds, plus we had are second child right before so didn't have much time anyway, ive hit a few banks here and there, and I think the only thing ive found in the last 4 months has been a clad proof half, anyway..

Got a call from the police dept. that I filed my report with about the fake morgans last summer, they finally tracked him down! He got a few other people, one guy twice as bad as me.. but they have the SOB, they also needed me to turn in the morgans, was surprised they didn't take them the first time but they grabbed them, and if im lucky I will have court ordered restitution someday! lol well im pretty stoked! be on the lookout, he told me their will be some sort of press release in hopes of finding other victims,

Crime don't pay!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and sorry in advance, this isn't really CRHing stuff

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
and sorry in advance, this isn't really CRHing stuff

Oh I think in a way it is. I recall your story and think may of us will want to hear the out come. Glad the police have followed up and got the guy. Best of luck for you.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a few people that have been awarded, "Court Ordered Restitution". None of them have ever received 1 red cent. Hopefully you will, but at the very least he isn't out there spreading more fakes.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember reading how you got jacked....hope it works out for you and the others in the end.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember your post. Sorry for what happened but it was educational too. Hope you recover something.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not really holding my breath about the restitution, i do believe tthat if he doesn't pay its more legal problems for hm, so at least theres that

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to hear you'll get a little justice out of the ordeal. I'd say your best hope is they caught him at a time when he had some (real) cash on him. Maybe it can be divvied up to the victims. For the record, I have no idea how that works legally.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad to hear you'll get a little justice out of the ordeal. I'd say your best hope is they caught him at a time when he had some (real) cash on him. Maybe it can be divvied up to the victims. For the record, I have no idea how that works legally.

He gets charged with distributing counterfeit currency, and will be in jail for a very long time and rightfully so.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good news ! I love it when the scumbags get what's coming to them ! Hope you get some remuneration too - but at least
they got this filthy S.O.B. !!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread