My wife is officially on board!

onecvj

Jan 24, 2007
My wife was initially skeptical but reluctantly supportive of my new hobby. She would help me search through a box here and there, but didn't seem to enjoy it all that much. But this last weekend I was able to convince her that we should stop at some rural banks on our roadtrip to visit my brother. We took out $1000 in cash and left on our way. We managed to pick up $230 at the first bank we stopped at and it yielded 11 40%ers. We were both pretty excited. We stopped at about 5 more banks and eventually converted all of our cash into halves. Totals were 17 40% and one nice 57 Franklin.

She had enough fun on our roadtrip hunt that once we got back she decided to hit a few banks while I was at work. She was only able to find $130 worth, but these yielded 10 40% and a 64! Now she's hooked. She went out again today and now has a total of $2000 worth ordered from various banks. They should be in by the end of the week, and we can't wait. It's a lot of fun having someone I love to share this hobby with. She also reads all your posts and will probably start posting here herself soon!

Upvote 0

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Nothing better than having a girl who likes to coin hunt with you. My girlfriend loves to come with me, but sometimes it's not so fun, because if she can't find any 64's, she gets pretty upset. lol. She doesn't hold back at all when asking for coins. She'll ask the tellers about everything: halves, Ikes, Indian Heads, Peace Dollars, --- everything. And honestly, her combination of persistence and incredible cuteness makes her much more successful than I. She'll demand that the vault be checked if need be. It's amazing. She'll demand coins in a way I could never get away with. And since she's cute, no one thinks anything of it. lol. You have a good thing going, onecvj. This hobby is a lot more fun with a partner, that's for sure!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congratulations on the silver, great getaway. Good for your wife, I'm glad she enjoys crh, it's very addictive. I think she got bit by the silver bug. :D There is so much out there to search,not only halves she is going to have a lot of fun with you. Happy hunting

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
My wife thought I was nuts when I first found this hobby and read some posts from here to her. After finding some silver she was hooked like me. I make sure to give her any rolls with silver on the end just to keep her interested :) Now if I can just get her to not give up on long bank runs. (10 is her limit)
Good luck on the $2,000 coming in, should hold some cool finds.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats onecvj & wife. I little tag team thing going huh.....yeah baby!!! Good luck on the ordered $2000 & let us know how it turns out. Keep em coming....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions