First big hunt!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So earlier today I got $600 in halves and the bank teller told me that they had been previously checked already but I still took them. Needless to say when all was done I ended up with 2 90% and 3 40%. That is alright for someone having gone through them I guess! However one of the 90% seems fake but I can't tell? Has anyone come across a fake 1964 half dollar?

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think its fake?

If you continue in this hobby, you'll look back and laugh when you remember that you used to think $600 was a "big hunt."

DirtPirate

Jul 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of dough....congrats on the finds!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nvm guys it was real just really nice condition. Anyways this bank I got $300 worth of halves all had initials on The rolls. Clearly someone had marked them after they checked them. The teller told me he had A LOT of half rolls but I think they may all be from the same person, should I avoid this bank altogether? Seems like someone dumped off a lot

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 if it's in really good condition then it wouldn't be a fake, being a 64.
#2 always get them all. You found silver and the teller "thinks" they may be more of what the other guy brought in. I've heard that before. Repeat, always get them all and don't take them back to the same branch.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 if it's in really good condition then it wouldn't be a fake, being a 64.
#2 always get them all. You found silver and the teller "thinks" they may be more of what the other guy brought in. I've heard that before. Repeat, always get them all and don't take them back to the same branch.
HH
enamel7
Okay but like literally every roll I went through had initials on it. I got $300 and there was absolutely nothing. I don't wanna get more just to find out all of it is the same person shouldn't I just go to a different bank??

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next 10 rolls could be half of his and half of someone else's rolls. Did you find silver in his rolls? It's just like ordering boxes. You don't say you got skunked on the first two so you switch to another supplier. I suggest you read the beginner's guide at the top of the page. Most of your questions can be answered there.
HH
enamel7

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First solid roll I ever got was handed to me by a teller that said there weren't any good ones.

Always buy them all.

Or at least as many as you have cash for.

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next 10 rolls could be half of his and half of someone else's rolls. Did you find silver in his rolls? It's just like ordering boxes. You don't say you got skunked on the first two so you switch to another supplier. I suggest you read the beginner's guide at the top of the page. Most of your questions can be answered there.
HH
enamel7
Ill defitnely keep trying. But no, no silver from his I just think the dude brought atleast over $1000 worth of halves in. The teller couldn't even tell me how much he had because he had so many rolls! Every single one could be picked clean already.

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would you guys do in this situation?

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've already been advised what to do! :icon_scratch:

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Sucks to get skunked. I know. I just went through four boxes and found nuffin! But, you won't always get skunked. Get as many as you can. Get as many SUPPLIERS as you can too. It's a numbers game. Seek and Ye shall find! No seekie, no peekie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread