First box of three.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Down to the last 4 rolls, I was thinking skunk, for sure. Was getting the feeling half way in. Then bam! Unwrap a roll looked at the bottom and noticed the silver rim, looked more rounded when compared to 64 jfks, it was different, but I knew it was a 90%er. Turned out to be my first walker, a 1945s. Box one produced, 3, 2010 nifc and 1 walker. Two more to go, I can't wait.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding your first Walker! Also good luck with the other boxes.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just finish with box two, a 40%er, a 1977 s proof, and afew nifc.. While I was dumping the first box today at a td bank near my school. The machine filled up, during the bag change the csr(Emilio), that was helping me asked if I collected half dollars. I told him no, he responded with searching for silver? I said yeah. He told me he has a 1954 half dollar, I said a Franklin. He said yeah, how much is it worth? I told him depends on the mint mark and year, but generally right now about $6.50 is the value... He helped me dump the rest of the 150$. He asked me how much I had, I told him 250, he tells me it's a dollar short. he grabs two or three coins, that was on top of the machine and I notice one of them is a silver quarter. He looks at them and say here is a silver quarter, hands it to me. I was hesitant and told him you keep it. He then insist that I take it. So I walk out of there my 249, and a 1962 D quarter. Couldn't ask for anything more! Thanks Emilio, you rock!

Went to another bank 5 blocks away, to dump the other 249. I walk out with 252! some candian change about 80 or so cents, and £1.10. Idk how, maybe some extra coins were in the dump tray, and my halfs forced them down...

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is exceptional to find a walker on your first box of halves, I have not found a walker in over 30 boxes.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is exceptional to find a walker on your first box of halves, I have not found a walker in over 30 boxes.

actually its 4 out of 6... 6 box so far..

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me two years to find my first walker.

Probably $100,000 searched

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
last box skunk, got 9 nifc...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread