Cut off at my home bank

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I had family business to attend and went into the branch I do most of my business at.

I saw the rolls get turned in. weighed on the tellermate and placed in the tray.

Polite as ever asked to buy them

Was told that they will not sell rolled coin even to a long standing account holder without a fee.

I think its bull durham and that they started searching rolls for themselves.

Had to vent. Bummed

Side note, got a nice minty 1956 philly penny in change, and the wife got a handful of circulated wheaties in her drawer at work.

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I would either use them as a dump bank, or I would no longer be a "Long standing account holder."

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would turn it to a dump bank.
If you are pulling silver I would keep the tellers that are giving on your side. The one that tld you that dump all you can on them and tell them your helping with their fees.

OP
OP
T

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After another trip in for notary service, I am fairly certain the new teller on is AG hunting, however the branch manager of 20 years suddenly and without warning is "No longer with us".
Lots of other changes and asinine fees for everything from counter checks and raising the price on safety deposit box rent.

Cannot use as effective dump bank, must be rolled, limit of $200 deposited weekly.

Really feeling cut off everywhere.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area there are a ton of banks. If I was you I would take my business elsewehere. I would also let the manager now why I was leaving was because of all the fees.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I quit crh for that reason, excessive fees, although not the ones associated with roll hunting.
As much as I love the hobby, I quit after six years straight, and have found I'm saving lots of money and time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread