New User here, Just hit the ultimate jackpot! You guys have to check this out!

Feb 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, long story short, I haven't done any roll hunting for a few years due to employment circumstances. However, I now have an income so today when I stopped by the bank to make a withdrawal I thought to myself: maybe I should see if they have any half dollars.

The teller told me that she had 3 rolls of halves, so I decided to buy them all for $30.

I was very excited, as I hadn't roll hunted in a while, although I wasn't expecting to find much. (if anything.)
As soon as I got into my car I decided to open up the rolls.

The first two were disappointing, as they were just your run of the mill halves.
However, once I got to the third roll, I had a feeling I had come across something special. Out of the top of the roll I saw something that I thought might be silver.
I enthusiastically opened up the roll, and to my excitement, I got a full roll of silver halves.

I've never found so many in my few years of (occasional) hunting, I didn't think this was possible.
When I got home I told my family about it and after counting them up I discovered that this roll contained 15 40% Kennedy halves and 5 90% Kennedy halves.

For a measly $10 I got $70 worth of silver. On friday the 13th no less. (And people say this is an unlucky day. :laughing7: )

Upvote 0

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd I guess 3rd times a charm. My first time roll hunting two weeks ago the teller told me she only had three rolls. On the third roll I got 10 40% halves.... Not as much as you but still my most to date! Nice find definitely!! image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
C
Feb 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd I guess 3rd times a charm. My first time roll hunting two weeks ago the teller told me she only had three rolls. On the third roll I got 10 40% halves.... Not as much as you but still my most to date! Nice find definitely!! View attachment 1119478 View attachment 1119479
For sure! Aside from today, I'd usually only find like 1-2 40% halves if I was lucky.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
So, long story short, I haven't done any roll hunting for a few years due to employment circumstances. However, I now have an income so today when I stopped by the bank to make a withdrawal I thought to myself: maybe I should see if they have any half dollars.

The teller told me that she had 3 rolls of halves, so I decided to buy them all for $30.

I was very excited, as I hadn't roll hunted in a while, although I wasn't expecting to find much. (if anything.)
As soon as I got into my car I decided to open up the rolls.

The first two were disappointing, as they were just your run of the mill halves.
However, once I got to the third roll, I had a feeling I had come across something special. Out of the top of the roll I saw something that I thought might be silver.
I enthusiastically opened up the roll, and to my excitement, I got a full roll of silver halves.

I've never found so many in my few years of (occasional) hunting, I didn't think this was possible.
When I got home I told my family about it and after counting them up I discovered that this roll contained 15 40% Kennedy halves and 5 90% Kennedy halves.

For a measly $10 I got $70 worth of silver. On friday the 13th no less. (And people say this is an unlucky day. :laughing7: )

Congrats!! Nice find.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha congrats man... But i dont know if id call that the ultimate jackpot..

Feb 20, 2007
USA
Awesome find! I am sure that made your day. And who says Friday the 13th is bad lol.

trezurhunter

Dec 18, 2008
Volusia county, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Count. I used to coin roll hunt. I had a lot of fun doing it. It was always kind of hard to dump the old halves. I am also from Kentucky. I lived in northern KY (Campbell County). It got too cold last year so we moved to Volusia county Florida. Best move I ever made.:hello:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice find, but ultimate??? nah, a solid roll of morgans? yep or some double eagles? yep

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread