First box of Quarters

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gave me a 2004 Wisconsin S and 2x Canadians .25 cent. Those Canadians quarters got me, the first time i saw that nice silver edge I was happy till i took it out of the roll.... I'll post pictures later, when I get home.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How hard is it to get silver quarters like 1 in 5000?

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How hard is it to get silver quarters like 1 in 5000?

I read on another forum, it's pretty tough doing quarters, some people do six boxes and find one silver quarter... I was justt getting my feet wet in the quarter box department lol... Might try one or two more boxes, after that calling it quits if I don't find any silver.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I averaged one silver quarter per $500, the key to roll hunting success is searching volume.

You are one of the very few hunters of quarters that have found some. A very hard coin to find only because it is so noticeable when mixed in with the clads.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive gotton a few silver quarters in pocket change recently.. Never got one from a box though

I've gotten all of my silver quarters from coin counters, before dumping my dimes. I've found two today just walking around checking them while dumping small pocket change...

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me from March 2012 to mid-2014 to amass a full roll of quarters. 99% of those quarters came free via reject tray finds. Only two or so did I have to pay face value for, out of a teller's tray.

2013 was very good in regards to reject tray silver for me, found 10 ozt of silver totally for free.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Got a 1942 Washington in change at a gas station 4 years ago. Not seeing any announced on the CRH thread = very rare apparently.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that reject tubes/trays are the best source for silver quarters; that and any nice teller who sets them aside for you (happened only once to me and then the teller moved on).

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I averaged one silver quarter per $500, the key to roll hunting success is searching volume.

I'm in the coin op amusements business...jukeboxes, pool tables, etc. While a lot of revenue is bills in todays world , I still get quarters. I go thru roughly 2 flats of wrappers a year , which is a total of 20k , or 80,000 quarters . All rolled by hand , I find 4 or 5 silver quarters .

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 years ago I got a 1946 washington in change from a garage sale across the street. I was like 9 lol. I went back and asked them if I could check the coins and I never found anymore silver. Searched at least 10K+ in quarters, mostly CWR since then and haven't found any silver at all.

However I have had my fair share of extra quarters in CWR. I scored 3 quarters extra just last week. Last year alone I scored over $10+ in free extra quarters. That went with all the money I found on the ground etc.

Last years total was $19.96, give or take a few it's about $20.00 exact. So I'm going to take that money and buy myself an oz of silver if I can get one for $20 at my LCS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread