It was almost a skunk...

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest box was nearly a skunk, until I found my first ever walker!! 1942. Such a great feeling. So far in my short CRH career this year, I've found 2 1964, 4 Benny, and now my first walker. Barber next? :thumbsup:

walker back.jpg walker front.jpg

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest box was nearly a skunk, until I found my first ever walker!! 1942. Such a great feeling. So far in my short CRH career this year, I've found 2 1964, 4 Benny, and now my first walker. Barber next? :thumbsup:

View attachment 1123520 View attachment 1123521

:3coins: Nice find. It's always a good feeling when a lady shows up. Welcome to TNET & this hobby/obsession/addiction. May your finds be plentiful in the future.
HH
Gary

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just had the same thing happen to me.. like 4 rolls left and bam a 46!

OP
OP
J

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Gary!

I'm really enjoying this site. So great to see some of these wonderful finds, and be able to share my own. I actually think I like this more than detecting.

OP
OP
J

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!

It really was a sense of accomplishment finding it. I've seen so many pictures of walkers on here, and to finally be able to find one of my own...just great :)

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Gary!

I'm really enjoying this site. So great to see some of these wonderful finds, and be able to share my own. I actually think I like this more than detecting.

:coffee2: I do both. MD is good because it gets you out in the fresh air & gives you some exercise at the same time. CRH is good for finding silver (if you're lucky & while dumping it also gets you out of the house & you get to meet people). So they both have their good points.
HH
Gary

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!

It really was a sense of accomplishment finding it. I've seen so many pictures of walkers on here, and to finally be able to find one of my own...just great :)

:coffee2: I know the feeling. What would have been the frosting on the cake would have been if you found a gentlemen (either Jack or Ben) to take the lady for a out for a stroll.
HH
Gary

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckyyy my goal is to find a walking liberty ugh! Got two boxes tomorrow I hope I can find one!!

OP
OP
J

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckyyy my goal is to find a walking liberty ugh! Got two boxes tomorrow I hope I can find one!!

You'll find one!

In the $3295.50 I've searched this year, I've found:

(1) Walking Liberty :)
(4) Franklin
(2) 1964 Ken
(37) 40%

It's hit or miss - I've had a couple skunk boxes, and a couple awesome ones. Just keep plugging away. I'm convinced there is still a nice amount of silver in circulation, and will be for quite some time.

OP
OP
J

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone give a rough idea of what this type of coin would grade at? Obviously it's worse for wear, just trying to get a better understanding of grading examples. My guess is a 2 or 3?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Can anyone give a rough idea of what this type of coin would grade at? Obviously it's worse for wear, just trying to get a better understanding of grading examples. My guess is a 2 or 3?

Need pics of both sides to grade; don't even know what type of coin your talking about.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 2 or a 3 isn't a grade. Unless you mean G-3 or G-4. In that case maybe G-4.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, thanks! Still learning the ins and outs of this game lol :)

:coffee2: Get yourself a red "official guide to United States coins" book from either your local coin store or ask to see it at the library reference section. It comes in either hard cover or paperback. The paperback copy costs less. In the front of each section of coins it will give you a description as to what to look for to grade a coin. I use a 2010 paperback edition to help me figure out what shape my finds are in.
HH
Gary

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread