Skunk after skunk....

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With my first CRH, I hit $280 worth of halves that yielded 58 silver keepers including a solid roll of 64s, 11-bens, 4-walkers, and 2-barbers. Afterwards, I started ordering boxes and didn't hit another silver half until 2 months and 17 half boxes later. Skunks happen. In fact, my first year of boxes was not exciting at all. I did finally hit some decent boxes in my second year and I have some hope for some good boxes in my third year. I'm on a 4 box skunk streak now.

Keep on rolling.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first real skunk streak is what decides whether or not this is the hobby for you. Everybody loves finding. Just merely searching but not finding can turn into a not-so-fun job very quickly. For many of us it would be cheaper to just purchase silver than to CRH for it.

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The first real skunk streak is what decides whether or not this is the hobby for you. Everybody loves finding. Just merely searching but not finding can turn into a not-so-fun job very quickly. For many of us it would be cheaper to just purchase silver than to CRH for it.

I've committed to a year! Very small town, so I really only have one pick up bank. They're all great to me. Sent them a pizza today to say thanks. Not quitting, just frustrated. As I said, I didn't realize what a great streak of beginner's luck I had until I wasn't a beginner any more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread