got kicked out of a bank today

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Went in to a very small small town bank today. I asked the teller if she had any halves. She said that she did and pulled a hand full out of her drawer. I could see one was silver. She counted them out and it was $8.50. I paid for them and scooped them up when the manager called over to ask if I had an account. I told her no and she said that they could not exchange money with me. I told her that I would remember that for the future. She said that they could not sell me the halves I had. I told her that they already had and thank you very much. She asked me to give them back. I told her no. She told me to get out of her bank. I did with my 1965

Upvote 0

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was doing a lot of CRHing I used to get asked by banks if I had an account there all the time. My standard answer was "yes, why do you ask?" or simply "Yes, I do" I was never asked to prove it. Of course having solid gray hair and being older has it's advantages. I was always prepared that if they checked up on me I would claim to be confused and I thought this was a Bank of America, act senile :tongue3:

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid for them and scooped them up when the manager called over to ask if I had an account. I told her no and

If it really was the account at "her bank" she was concerned about, at this point she would have asked you if you would like to open an account at "her bank" (much better customer service..... don't you think?)

TKgal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread