got kicked out of a bank today

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Went in to a very small small town bank today. I asked the teller if she had any halves. She said that she did and pulled a hand full out of her drawer. I could see one was silver. She counted them out and it was $8.50. I paid for them and scooped them up when the manager called over to ask if I had an account. I told her no and she said that they could not exchange money with me. I told her that I would remember that for the future. She said that they could not sell me the halves I had. I told her that they already had and thank you very much. She asked me to give them back. I told her no. She told me to get out of her bank. I did with my 1965

Upvote 0
OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
I am pretty sure she did not actually own the bank. But, that is what she said.
I don't think I will be going back to that bank. I thought it was pretty funny her getting so upset over a few coins.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, just being a wise guy. Wouldn't be surprised if she collected the silver herself though.

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fact that she tried to take your money back, is what takes it really over the top. She must be trying to cull the silver herself, and you beat her to the punch. Sorry about her luck :)

L

l2hunt

don't understand, "you have to have an account with the bank".....i tried to cash in a can of coins and was told i needed to have an account, seems pretty rude.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't understand, "you have to have an account with the bank".....i tried to cash in a can of coins and was told i needed to have an account, seems pretty rude.

Absolutely! How dare they not provide you with a service for free!

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
I don't think she knew there was or cared that there was a silver half in there. It was just the rules are the rules.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Because that's why there are different banks and not one big government bank. They are in business for themselves , and if you're not one of their customers they don't have to provide you anything.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because that's why there are different banks and not one big government bank. They are in business for themselves , and if you're not one of their customers they don't have to provide you anything.

Exactly. And they have to do precisely jack squat for you if you're not a customer. It's called Capitalism, and it is becoming increasingly rare in this country.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly. And they have to do precisely jack squat for you if you're not a customer. It's called Capitalism, and it is becoming increasingly rare in this country.

It's becoming more rare and that's not a good thing!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go back ask for the manager's name, Then contact corporate about what happened. These chain banks when you start throwing the C word around, they start shaking.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back ask for the manager's name, Then contact corporate about what happened. These chain banks when you start throwing the C word around, they start shaking.

Why should they shake? He admitted to not being a customer. Let's call corporate and tell them the bank wouldn't do business with me because I don't do business with them. They have that right.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lol They should give the manager a promotion then for doing their job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread