My biggest haul yet... Who does this??

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys today I've gone through $400 of half rolls all skunk until now. I picked up like $150 in rolls and they all had tape on them.. I started with the first roll one silver yay! Next roll 2 silver... Okay what's going on here. Next roll one silver, wow this is amazing!! Next roll I just about had a heart attack 18 silver halves 4 90% 16 40%. They wrote silver in the roll itself!! Who does that OMG :hello2::hello2: I'm still not done with the rest of the rolls ill update you guys in a little. image.jpg
Oh yea and not to mention the teller from the same bank gave me all she had in her tray of $18.50, 1 90%, 1 40%

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Total take of the day 35 40% 5 90%. All from one bank, picked up $338 in rolls. This one day was more than i have gotten since I started coin roll hunting 4 weeks ago. Wow, also 1 proof 1982. Still needa complete my goal of finding a liberty

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Likely stolen from a collector and cashed in at the bank or someone died and their heirs were completely clueless. There is no logical reason for someone who knows that Silver coins should be saved to then suddenly decide to cash them in at face value. In any case great score.

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I've gotten a fairly large collection over the past 4 weeks and I need to know how do you guys store your silver? Or just coins in general? Are there any products you use?

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put them into coinlok bags and toss them into my safe. Convert 40%'ers up into 90%, rounds, or even sterling junk/jewelry items from the lady i sell too, whichever is the best deal.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
When the local jeweler is paying .75c for 40% and $2 for 90%, collections get dumped.
Depressed silver prices mean weak hands are walking, a repeat of the early 1980's.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the local jeweler is paying .75c for 40% and $2 for 90%, collections get dumped.
Depressed silver prices mean weak hands are walking, a repeat of the early 1980's.

That's why you don't take them to those places.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bag my junk silver into ziploc-type bags. I personally see no reason to spend extra money for storage of coins that are in no way condition sensitive. Any coin that I wish to keep separate for the collection goes into a 2x2 flip. I have not found a REALLY good coin, but it will get its own acrylic holder if/when I do.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not bad, probably cheaper than what you'd pay at your LCS. However, they might have used coin tubes considerably cheaper. You can also pick them up at coin shows.[/QUOT

It was goodcents just a link for him to look for on ebay. Goodcents at the time was the cheapest and sent me a 1940's wheat cent.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
My pick up banks give me all the wrappers I want for rerolling so I use them. Free is free and that works for me.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the silver finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread