To PICK UP or NOT

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up $380 from a branch last week that yielded one 40% which I assume the other hunter just missed. Is it worth skipping buying them to miss out on that one time where it IS a silver cache?

OP
OP
Johnny_Omerta

Johnny_Omerta

Nov 26, 2014
Texas/Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up $380 from a branch last week that yielded one 40% which I assume the other hunter just missed. Is it worth skipping buying them to miss out on that one time where it IS a silver cache?

True. Thats why I always pick them up. One time I picked up 500$ and it was a skunk. Tried it again and same thing happened about a week later. Usually I judge it by the abount. 1000$ most likely a dump. 1070$ might be a dump plus others rolls.

Its all a mind game trying to rationalize dumps...lol

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's $350 of dumps, with $30 of silver loaded rolls from some old lady...

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Always take it all. What do you have to lose. Im pretty new to CRH but it seams to be a numbers game. The more you get the better chance you have. You just never know when that collection dump is sitting there waiting for someone. It might as well be you.
Besides, most banks look favourable to people taking their halves. Next time they might save some good ones for you.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always pick 'em up. If it's someone's dumps, oh well. At least you get those CWR out of your area.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I did it once, it was 32 rolls, 29 of them were my dumps (my marks on the rolls) but 2 of the other 3 were solid Walkers! You are only wasting your time not any money.

Walkers 2 rolls resize2.jpg

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best score was from $730 in CWRs in which a little over $530 was silver. You can't have a truly big score without a big pick up. The more the better as far as I'm concerned.

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best score was from $730 in CWRs in which a little over $530 was silver. You can't have a truly big score without a big pick up. The more the better as far as I'm concerned.

That must have been incredible... I can only imagine seeing that much silver. Not sure what i would have done lol. I guess I would sell the "lowly," 40% and poor condition 90% ;)

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Old Whites 6000, Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first was 140.00 in CR got 120 40% there, Sold 4 rolls for 160.00 kept 2 rolls for me, and dumped the clad. I take them when I find them, even the searched ones. Get them out of the my stream. Have a nice Half Album pretty much filled, and killing nickels, wheat cents between boxes. My collections are all filled at face value.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have been incredible... I can only imagine seeing that much silver. Not sure what i would have done lol. I guess I would sell the "lowly," 40% and poor condition 90% ;)

Silver was in the $40's. I wish I had sold it all.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always buy them all!!!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy it. If it is clearly a dump, you did the bank a favor, and know for next time they have a large amount of halves in.

OP
OP
Johnny_Omerta

Johnny_Omerta

Nov 26, 2014
Texas/Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy it. If it is clearly a dump, you did the bank a favor, and know for next time they have a large amount of halves in.

There are a couple banks that I know the tellers are coin roll hunting. There is always 500$ in CWR and teller always brings them to me grinning ear to ear. Hell she may be on this sight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread