Is it okay to use a different location of the same bank you pick up at to dump?

ENTHUSIAST

May 31, 2013
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Looking for my 1st detector!!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been banking at the same credit union for over a year now but have never picked up any rolls until today! :thumbsup:

I went to a branch that is a bit farther from my house that I have never been to before and I made a withdrawal a few hundred in cash and 200 in dimes. ( I thought I could fly under the radar that way.) That did not happen the teller starts asking me why I need all those coins. I told her my Dad is retired and likes collecting coins and likes it when I bring him rolls to look through. She was very nice and we made small talk and everything was going okay until she came back from the vault. Her manager was with her and said that she knows people search for silver coins and then bring back the coins and she said some guy has even dumped using a dolly at her branch! :BangHead:

I told her that 200 in dimes would probably take my Dad a month to look through and not to worry about me coming back any time soon.

2 Questions:

1. Should I just use this branch as a pick up bank?

2. Is it okay to use a different location of the same bank you pick up at to dump?

Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would make sure to dump sparingly at this bank and use it mostly for a pick up location. They are already Leary of you so try to make nice with them so everything sound and feels legit to them.

OP
OP
E

ENTHUSIAST

May 31, 2013
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would make sure to dump sparingly at this bank and use it mostly for a pick up location. They are already Leary of you so try to make nice with them so everything sound and feels legit to them.

That is what I was thinking thanks for the advice.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Her manager was with her and said that she knows people search for silver coins and then bring back the coins and she said some guy has even dumped using a dolly at her branch!

If someone is already using her for a dump bank, what would the odds be that you are getting somebody else's dumps by picking up there?

OP
OP
E

ENTHUSIAST

May 31, 2013
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone is already using her for a dump bank, what would the odds be that you are getting somebody else's dumps by picking up there?

Excellent point I will post up my finds from the 200 in dimes, lots of different CWR rolls some with handwritten acct #s and many without also some MWRs as well I am hopeful. :)

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quick story to answer your question...........
I had been picking up coin rolls at several different banks and branches where I have accounts. 2 of the banks were very helpful in getting me coins to build a small collection of current coins for our grand children, and they were graciously accepting my return rolls. It was becoming difficult to find rolls without my mark on them. The bank managers took me aside and, in a very friendly manner, explained that they did not want me to return any more coins. I could purchase all I wished, but they did not want to see them again.
The 3rd bank was very unkind when I went in to purchase coins. The tellers would leave their windows, or give me dirty looks. When they did wait on me, the were very abrupt and made me uncomfortable. This particular bank has our medical checking account (set up in co-operation with my wife's employer). We have tried to get a little extra money in that account for years.............guess who gets all my dumps!!!!!!!!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tellers sometimes fill in at other locations of the same bank... be careful. You don't want to be cut off from both your pickup and dump bank because of the same teller.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread