Dime collection dump

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best MWR dime roll had 11 silvers in it, oddly enough, all 1964's. Those days are looong gone.

2nuts

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 52 silvers (27 mercs, 1 barber and 24 Rosie's) out of 5 MWRs late last year.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
About 4 years ago, Tanner and I scored with a solid roll of silver dimes. We were lucky because I asked the teller about a coin in her tray with a "white" rim. It was Canadian, then she said she had a whole roll of dimes with white rims. She handed me over a roll of dime and quarters. With SILVER written on it.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• IMG_2426.JPG
    IMG_2426.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 106

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of thousands of boxes, I had 3 boxes with more than 20 silver in them.

Last edited:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a few years ago (2012-13), I was pulling some boxes with 10-15 dimes per box, but I think those days are long gone. Now only 1-2 if your lucky, on an average.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Johnny_Omerta

Johnny_Omerta

Nov 26, 2014
Texas/Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
People take the coins to the bank and dump them. They then get rolled and recirculated. After they are found people send them to me.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People take the coins to the bank and dump them. They then get rolled and recirculated. After they are found people send them to me.

Yepper, all there is to it. People dump them into coin counters and they go back to the rolling facilities.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well idk you tell me 10 silvers from like $700 in cwr or 1 silver from 4 boxes? Ill go with the cwr even if only from a month

I'm saying your time in the hobby and sample size aren't large enough to make such as strong statement.

I've had MWR boxes that have produced over 4oz silver and then follow it up with 6k without a single silver dime.

I have a feeling that CWR tend to produce more than MWR on average in general but there are two things that are lacking to make a strong statement.

1) Sample size (There are searchers who are looking in the 6 and 7 figures annually)
2) Location/provider (Which is an important factor, some places are dry, some suppliers produce and others don't, etc.)

Search through another 10k or so and you'll get a pretty good picture for your area and providers. Everyone's mileage may vary.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm saying your time in the hobby and sample size aren't large enough to make such as strong statement.

I've had MWR boxes that have produced over 4oz silver and then follow it up with 6k without a single silver dime.

I have a feeling that CWR tend to produce more than MWR on average in general but there are two things that are lacking to make a strong statement.

1) Sample size (There are searchers who are looking in the 6 and 7 figures annually)
2) Location/provider (Which is an important factor, some places are dry, some suppliers produce and others don't, etc.)

Search through another 10k or so and you'll get a pretty good picture for your area and providers. Everyone's mileage may vary.

Very well said.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread