Quick stops at two banks produce!

O-dog

Feb 21, 2015
Toronto, ON
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to my two favourite banks in my area today.

First bank had 10 CWRs of dimes, which I bought, and pulled a silver 1965!

The tellers at the second bank know me, and when I asked if they had rolls of dimes, they said none in clear or brown packaging because they knew that's what I was looking for. They didn't have any nickels either. I was about to leave when my favourite teller pulled up a jar of coins from under her desk. She told me that they were the rejects from their coin counter, and said that I could looks through to see if I wanted any. Lots of foreign coins, dented Canadian coins, a few wheat pennies, an Eisenhower dollar, ten or so clad American half dollars, and, to my surprise, a nice silver American 1969 half dollar! I said that I would like the half dollar and the large dollar, and she said sure! I reached for my wallet, and she stopped me and told me to just take them. This was surprising. She told me that since they weren't counted by the machine, the bank got them for free. Okay then! Silver for less than face!

My first American silver half, in Canada none the less! It's very nice condition. This was the first time I have been shown the rejects from a bank's coin machine. Hopefully I am building a good relationship with the tellers and that more luck is on the way!

DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0853.jpg

DSC_0865.jpg

HH

-Owen

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
O-dog

O-dog

Feb 21, 2015
Toronto, ON
Primary Interest:
Other
Will go clean up the rest of the goodies tomorrow, boristhespider. :)

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
At my banks they just trash can the reject stuff, even after I asked politely to take it all (trash, dirt, lint, nuts & bolts); they all said NOPE CAN'T ALLOW IT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions