Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nickel box #328, another die clash first--'89-P plus these:

Philly mint die clashes so far- 8 '83-P, 1 '88-P and now the '89-P. the '81-P is AU, 83-P is AU, the '36 Buff is extremely fine. war nickel pile grows with each box. 334 plus another 16 sold. only 1 '43-D found, close to impossible, like the '50-D!!!!:BangHead: IMG_1239.JPG IMG_1240.JPG IMG_1243.JPG IMG_1244.JPG

Upvote 0

Graciegirl

Jun 5, 2014
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, a great haul on War Nickels. I have had horrible luck with them recently. I'm glad to see there are still some out there.

I am curious about the 89 P, et al. What are you referring to in the "Philly die clashes?"

Thank you.

Congrats.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
die clash occurs when no blank is present causing dies to strike and leave mild to severe transfer of die image on opposing die. notice what appear as "lightning bolts" at roof of Monticello, a crooked line at left side of dome, line through last "O", line through "M", these are parts of the portrait- chin, forehead, back of head and hair ponytail that were imprinted on the anvil (reverse) die. so far I have found super specimens of '83P, "88-P and the '89-P. poor clashes back as far as the '64, but the defects are not worth selling. of the clashes I have sold the sell price ranges from $6 to $16 depending on severity of clash and overall coin condition. Philadelphia Mint must have lazy staff since all my error coins have been made there. I have repeat buyers of grease strikes, CUDS, and clashes. I LOVE NICKELS!!!!!

Graciegirl

Jun 5, 2014
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you very much for the information. it gives me something else to look for on my nickels. Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread