JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year's hoard finds a nice RPM and more

I have only done about a grand total of a box within the last year... Did around 3+ boxes of nickels and cents a week for a year prior but when I started to sell on eBay, I had less time to do this. Kinda missed it, so when looking for storage I came across a container of coins I set aside to look at.

When going through boxes, I'd toss any date that has varieties to look for. 1960D, 1972, WAMs, etc for cents
I started to go through them and Turns out I had a nice pronounced repunched mint mark 1960D.

Also had 7 SBA dollars in there for some reason. I think I got them with some dump money to play poker but forgot about them
One of them was the wide rim/near date variety. Not sure if it is rare, but it was on my to list to look for

I attached a pic of the RPM. Kinda cool looking.

I think I have been inspired to get back into it. Certainly not 3 boxes a week, but maybe a box or two a month. I like error coins more than silver and had pretty good luck with them including one that appraised for several hundred $. Bunch of $10-$50 ones too, which was nice for only doing it for a year on top of the silver war nickels, silver halves, buffalos, wheats, etc

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Happy hunting 1960 DD.jpg

Upvote 0

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice RPM. I didn't realize that error coins were valuable. I think I will double check things before I turn them in. Cheers...Brad

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That appears to be 1960P-1MM-001 on Coppercoins. Nice find!

OP
OP
JustinNH

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice RPM. I didn't realize that error coins were valuable. I think I will double check things before I turn them in. Cheers...Brad

Not all of them, and many are hard to find CRH, but they are all out there. I've found many different kinds, some major, some minor but all fun

That appears to be 1960P-1MM-001 on Coppercoins. Nice find!

Thanks!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. This hobby will always draw you back...
Goodluck,
HH
Buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions