Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

ILikeMoney

Dec 21, 2014
OHIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank used to get coins from Garda, now they use brinks. Since the switch I have seen my silver drop dramatically.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet brinks has a better coin sorting/rolling machine, That can filter out some silver. I've done 900$ in halves from brink boxes, and it was a skunk. Citi bank was happy to give away those halves, that had been sitting in there vault since last year. Lol. I did one box Monday from boa, which uses garda. That box gave me a proof 1974, and within the same roll a 1967.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
When I ask at different banks as to who their boxes come from they often won't say.

Loomis I can tell because the rolls say Loomis, how can I tell on other companies?

The box I got from BOA was about 8x8x4, sort of a square box. The rolls had a good roll on one end but the other end barely held the coins, the wrapper only said $10 halves no company identification, the box it self had a brown panel on each side saying $500 Halves no other identification

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I ask at different banks as to who their boxes come from they often won't say.

Loomis I can tell because the rolls say Loomis, how can I tell on other companies?

The box I got from BOA was about 8x8x4, sort of a square box. The rolls had a good roll on one end but the other end barely held the coins, the wrapper only said $10 halves no company identification, the box it self had a brown panel on each side saying $500 Halves no other identification

Park outside the banks and watch for the delivery trucks!

OP
OP
Rick624

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Old Whites 6000, Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update
Brinks, 2 skunks, 2 with 4 or fewer 40's.
Loomis, 2 skunks, 1986 comm.
Garda, box 1, Skunk, Box2, 64P. 67P, Box 3, 64P

Getting Garda from Citizens Bank They ordered 3 boxes by mistake, I took them off their hands.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Garda seems to be the boxes to get. I know TD switched to Garda, but they won't order halves (corporate policy)

I may try some Dimes and Quarters from them.

Eastern Bank said they would order halves for me but I don't know who they use, I will ask them.

OP
OP
Rick624

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an account with Citizens but since I helped the Manager out taking his miss-ordered halves he told me come in anytime and order boxes. The supermarket has 2 banks, and a coin star (Check reject tray, Also buy rejects from people using it Got some cool foreign coin)

Happy hunting all

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Rick
You should open an account at Citizens, , if you open an account at one of the supermarket banking centers and keep $1 in it, it is free, but to keep it free you have to deposit $1 a month. So what I did was open 2 accounts, put $5 in each and then set up a automatic payment from the first account to the 2nd account and them back again. That meets their requirements for a $1 deposit! TRICKY

BUT THE MAIN REASON TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT BEFORE THE END OF MARCH they have a new promotion! If you open an account before the end of March and they pay 2 bills with online bill pay they give you $200. You cannot write the check to yourself or anyone in your house but it could be to a friend or actually pay a bill. I am going to do it, it is like finding a treasure.

I then asked them who they get their coins from and they said Garda, so I asked if I could order a box of halves and he said I should be able to but he will check with the manager tomorros. I will also order a box of dimes.

OP
OP
Rick624

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Account, opened 3 last month, probably will do that this week end. Thanks for the tip !!

OP
OP
Rick624

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opened probably get the 200 in July. Thanks for the tip

Top Member Reactions