retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If at First I Don't Succeed

Well, I've been trying this whole CRH thing for several weeks now. I've gone through $780.00 in halves and $530.00 in dimes. My net booty is 2 2015 dirty hands and 4 waste baskets full of useless empty rolls. I am picking up another box of halves tomorrow. Hopefully I will get something to give me incentive to keep going. My wife thinks I'm nuts going through all this and I have nothing to prove her otherwise yet. Oh well...so many rolls...so little time. I'll give it another swing. GL & HH...Brad

Upvote 0

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admire your persistence and optimism.........you won't find anything if you don't search for it............

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Old Whites 6000, Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a Box of Nickels usually good for a silver war nickel,or two.
Happy Hunting

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really haven't searched that much. If you're getting discouraged already then this may not be the "hobby" for you. That's what it is, a hobby. No get rich game here.
HH
enamel7

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I've been trying this whole CRH thing for several weeks now. I've gone through $780.00 in halves and $530.00 in dimes. My net booty is 2 2015 dirty hands and 4 waste baskets full of useless empty rolls. I am picking up another box of halves tomorrow. Hopefully I will get something to give me incentive to keep going. My wife thinks I'm nuts going through all this and I have nothing to prove her otherwise yet. Oh well...so many rolls...so little time. I'll give it another swing. GL & HH...Brad

The empty rolls aren't exactly useless. They make GREAT fire-starters. My wife asked me to save them all so she can make keep warm packs for family and friends next Christmas!!

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something tells me that even when you do find something, it won't prove otherwise to your wife.

I've had pretty good results since 2012, and my girl still thinks I'm nuts for doing this.

Last edited:

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The empty rolls aren't exactly useless. They make GREAT fire-starters. My wife asked me to save them all so she can make keep warm packs for family and friends next Christmas!!

This is true. I save toilet paper tubes, pack 'em full of wrappers and sawdust, and give the whole thing a long soak in melted candle wax. Then when it's time to have a fire outback, just light it and toss it in the pit under the kindling.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also use empty coin wrappers to start fires in my wood stove...they work better than newspaper.

OP
OP
R

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great call on the use of the old wrappers. Great perspective too. I guess when I really do get one it will be that much more special. Thanks for the feedback...Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread