Brooklyn Coin Roller Robbed?

ceeemeee

Jul 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably not a CRH, but interesting nonetheless after Lui21 was talking about searching rolls in public (McDonald's in NYC).

Thief steals box containing $500 in quarters in Brooklyn.

Cops will grant him no quarter.

A sticky-fingered thief swiped a heavy box filled with $500 in quarters from a man in Brooklyn, authorities said Saturday.

The unidentified victim, 44, was hauling the 25-pound box of coins on Kings Highway near E. 14th St. in Midwood at 3:50 p.m. on March 11 when the suspect crept up behind him, police said. The thief snagged the loot and ran off, leaving his victim quarterless.

No injuries were reported, police said, and it was unclear why the victim was carrying the quarters.

On Saturday, police continued investigating the case.

The suspect was wearing a black and white stocking cap and a black jacket, according to surveillance shots taken at the scene.

Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts is urged to contact police at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/thief-steals-box-500-quarters-brooklyn-article-1.2158307

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely a CRH. Or he does lots of laundry in a laundromat.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm flattered that you remembered about Me.
From the article, it's sounds like the victim was not being "discreet". Even I don't walk down the street with a box of coins... I carrying boxes in a pack back or those reusable polyester bags... I didn't serve 5 years in the army and learn nothing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread