$1500 in hand rolled halves

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what a bank had that I walked into over lunch. Three full boxes of hand rolled halves that had been brought in by someone in the last few weeks.

Though I happen to have the cash to take all three, I was naturally apprehensive about them being another CRHers rejects, and only took one of the boxes. With the promise I would call the bank either way when I looked through the first.

That box, # 102 btw, yielded: '06px2, '06d and an '82 proof.

Apparently, if it is a competitor's rejects, they're only looking for silver.

I think I'll pick up the other two after work.

Stay tuned..............

Upvote 0

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Hey thermo,
That is always the crh conundrum ain't it! I always just dip a toe in the water when they tell me that they have any amount of halves that is divisible by $500.00! Good luck, and don't forget to update.

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
GPURS said:
Hey thermo,
That is always the crh conundrum ain't it! I always just dip a toe in the water when they tell me that they have any amount of halves that is divisible by $500.00! Good luck, and don't forget to update.

I don't mind them being divisible by $500 necessarily, as I routinely by the Fed delivered/sealed boxes, but it's when the boxes are not sealed and the rolls are hand rolled that I get a little reluctant.

But I hear what you are saying. 8)

Update tomorrow.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Usually the hand-rolls I've picked up are worthless compared to fed-rolled, but every now and then it is worth my while. Especially at little country banks. A couple weeks ago I picked 49-40% out of 13 hand rolls.

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll take an almost 20% keeper rate anytime. Good finds scotto !

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Therm, you are right. I should have been specific about the $500.00 sealed boxes, which is what I buy. Fresh in my mind was last week when I stopped at a bank and they had $480.00 in halves. Of course I bit and took them all. You just never know.. Good luck..

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPURS said:
......when they tell me that they have any amount of halves that is divisible by $500.00!

and they are in the fed/brinks boxes. You know they are CRH rejects.

When ever I bring in coin I never bring it in a fed/brinks box. I don't want anyone to even think I buy boxes and return them.

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thurmownator said:
GPURS said:
Hey thermo,

I don't mind them being divisible by $500 necessarily, as I routinely by the Fed delivered/sealed boxes, but it's when the boxes are not sealed and the rolls are hand rolled that I get a little reluctant.

But I hear what you are saying. 8)

Update tomorrow.

Took a while to go through the other two hand rolled full boxes, but know they're done.

To recap: box #102 had four non-silver keepers: '06px2, '06d and an '82 proof.

Box # 103 had an '02p and a '73 proof and box #104 had an '06d.

So apparently this quasi competitor is only looking for silver, as these three handrolled boxes did give up a total of seven keepers; just all non-silver keepers.

I'll take them. 8)

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Not bad-
it's hard to miss those proofs- I like them as much as silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread