Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know it, when they give you some bs excuse. It Usually means someone is sniping in that branch. I'm willing to bet the teller will search the rolls when it is not busy. You just got a new dump bank!

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found out the bbt I had used for decades the new staff has a crh teller,,, gave me the same line of crap when I can go to the next town over and get them if any show up. I cannot stand BOA and will not use them for anything.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got some CWR from BOA this afternoon. I get it from them every time I ask. Have been all skunks this week but that is how it goes.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I always use the free coin counting machines at two different banks but will now get some coin wrappers and dump my dimes and nickels on that bank.

BUT they will use the dimes and nickels so will get rid of them, so when I get my next box of halves I will dump them ALL at that branch in Norwood and they will be stuck with them for a long time I hope

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mess with the snippin teller get you some old wrappers and write silver on them dump as much as you can on them.

WILTON

Mar 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I switched to Wells Fargo after BOA became anti Second Amendment. Wells is a better bank by every measure IMHO.

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys guys guys.... why all the negative comments and threads lately fueling knee jerk responses about putting down banks, tellers, managers and staff. Just because a bank wont bend over backwards doesnt mean you turn it into a dump bank instantly. Build relationships and those TAKE TIME. This is a hobby and should be enjoyed not taken too seriously or taken as a battle. Have fun and move on to other banks or wait it out staff turns around every few months. You burn too many bridges and your "go to bank" will soon have a new manager who transfered from your "dump on this bank"

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Just went by another BOA branch and they were happy to give me CWR's of dimes, had no halves.

Also there were clear plastic wrapped dimes and nickels. were do those come from?

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Old Whites 6000, Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks uses the plastic wraps, pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, not halves though. Haven't seen any other use them.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got back from my other TD bank cashed in $400 worth of coins and they had 4 CWR of halves so I got them, will go through them now.
Also on way back got 10 CWR from another bank.

I realized that there are about 40 banks at least within a 6 mile radius of my house, so one BOA that won't let me get CWR for now, doesn't matter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread