very strange half box

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
It started out with every roll wrapped in $25.00 dollar wrappers ( I know I already posted that ). As I was taking them out of the box I noticed how many very shiny enders there were. It turned out to be part 2 of a non silver collection dump. I found part 1 earlier in the week. This one had over 300 1998D BU halves. Every roll had them. I had multiple double enders. The least amount in a roll was 3 the most was 11. Has any body else seen this kind of dump in MWR ?
I also noticed that this was the first box I have searched with NO marked coins in it. Not a single one.
The box was a skunk for silver but I did find my first 1982 P no FG.
March has been a great month for me. I have one more box to pick up on monday. I am hoping for 5 silver in it that will take me to 100 silver halves for the month. So far (1) Ben, (21) 1964 & (73) 1965-69. Most all from my doing alot of traveling for both work and visiting friends and falling into a few great CWR finds along my way.
It really is just luck. The right place/the right time.
HH to all

ForumRunner_20150328_214105.png

ForumRunner_20150328_214122.png

ForumRunner_20150328_214146.png

ForumRunner_20150328_214221.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did each roll have $25 worth of halves? Or at least extra halves in each roll? If so you may have come out ahead even more then finding a few measly 40%ers.

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
That's strange at first but brinks will use dollar wrappers if they are out of half dollar wrappers. They usually turn the wrappers inside out though.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Did each roll have $25 worth of halves? Or at least extra halves in each roll? If so you may have come out ahead even more then finding a few measly 40%ers.

No extra halves.

199slowking

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2013
san diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a matter of fact, maybe 3 months ago give or take down here in San Diego, I hit so may of those it pretty much consumed all of 3 boxes I had picked up that week. Some rolls almost completely full of them. I hadn't picked them up at the same time, but all from the same bank. I never bothered taking pictures however and due to me only being able to do lower volume pickups I just sent them all back out into the wild. No funny wrappers though, I did however find a handful of other years with similar toning, possibly just coincidence though.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
As a matter of fact, maybe 3 months ago give or take down here in San Diego, I hit so may of those it pretty much consumed all of 3 boxes I had picked up that week. Some rolls almost completely full of them. I hadn't picked them up at the same time, but all from the same bank. I never bothered taking pictures however and due to me only being able to do lower volume pickups I just sent them all back out into the wild. No funny wrappers though, I did however find a handful of other years with similar toning, possibly just coincidence though.

These boxes were picked up from the same bank but different branches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread