cold shoulder at a new branch.. i bet i know why..

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opened a account localy for a bank that was ordering boxes before i was a member.. well the branchs locally were both very off putting to the idea of ordering boxes and both ultimately denied to order boxes..one said they would if i had a business account but I'm not going that big..
well i thought back and its a bank a tneter used.. and seemed to have a bad rep wherever he went.. including the time he was beside me inline. il jyust have to travel i guess.. and maybe try to build a better relationship with the local branchs

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.

A bank local to me had someone buying bags- I've been dumping there for a few years.

The guy got pushy and weird "Who is he? What does he look like? What is he bringing in? What does he do? I don't want to buy the bags anymore if he's just bringing in coins he's already looked through, did he look through them?"

Really? Do you want my SSN too?

I've had other banks that have either cut me off or limited me because someone else has gone in, bought boxes, sometimes sorted them right in the lobby or parking lot, and dumped them in the machine and asked for more.

I have a lot of words to describe people like that, and none of them can be posted here per TN rules.

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Old Whites 6000, Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday at my dump bank I saw 30 or more quarter wraps next to the coin counter in the trash can. Can't believe it myself.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I have split my dumps into machines at 3 different banks. I am thinking of limiting it to one bank because my first dump bank has suddenly been really good about giving out CWR's where they refused in the past. The second is my main bank were I do all my banking and am known by name. I hate to dump on them so I think I will just dump at the TD bank in Foxborough. THe big downside is that it is 9 miles from my house, while my branch is 4.
I have to look at the fact that I get 20 mpg so this branch is about $2.00 and that would pay for a 90% dime (with some left over) or 3 trips would be 4 90% dimes. BUT that is not as much fun as finding something. But I think it is best to dump at a bank I will not ask for rolls from, also there I can just deposit the coins to my account.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the non local bank went ahead and ordered me 2k.. I thnk after a few weeks I may see If I can get them to ship to my local bank, kinda sneaky its that or close the accout

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions