the only thing worse than a skunk

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
For anyone that weighs rolls please do not take offence. If it works for you great. I can see the time saving. But....
For me i found out the only thing worse than a skunk box is knowing it is a skunk before opening the rolls. I weighed the rolls of my box tonight none weighed over
225.5 g knowing this took all the enjoyment and anticipation out of the possibility of seeing that silver rim as I un rolled them.
I guess it is more than just stacking silver it is the rush of finding it that keeps me going.
It looks like from a lot of recent posts that there is still tons of wild silver out there.
My dream box just might be my next box.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep in mind, 40% and post 1971 clad halves weigh under 0.1g apart, so those "light" rolls won't give up a 90% unless it is really worn, but you can still find 40%ers in there... I used to weigh my rolls from time to time also, but only when the box had a silver ender.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weighing rolls only lets you know if you have a 90%er. This you can put the under weight rolls to the side for when you have more time to go over them. That is what I'm doing, I weigh them set them aside when I have time I check them and re roll them for easier dumping. The ones that are over weight I rip them open and dump at td banks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread