Call from my bank

halfhunter

Jan 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a call from my bank yesterday. They told me they have a customer wanting to get rid of a large quantity of coins that are all silver. They know they don't have to call me for permission to give out my number, but they did anyway. After I got off the phone with the teller, about 5 mins later my phone rings. I start talking to this guy whose mother in law passed a while back. Turns out she used to work as a teller for 30 some years. He then tells me that he weighed the amount of coins she had saved......26 lbs. All different denominations. He was just on his way out the door to travel for the holidays, so it will have to be next week. Needless to say, I'm a little excited. Wish me luck. My boxes for the last month and a half have been nothing to write about. Last 6k produced 8 40s

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great news!! Can't wait to hear the follow-up to this story. Good luck.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Gonna be like a six year old waiting for Christmas to finally get here. Good Luck!!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they going to offer it to you for face value? Please let us know what you get. I always hope I run into this situation.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Waiting for pictures, before the excitement kicks in. Till then I would take everything with a grain of salt...

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When he is on vacation he will mention it and want a bunch more money than face. I have had this happen before.

OP
OP
halfhunter

halfhunter

Jan 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was my guess on face as well. I'm going to try and buy it all at 10x

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope it's not all talk, and NO SHOW. Good luck on the 10x FV offer. I'm still waiting for this one particular party to call me with about $1000 FV of silver. I'm beginning to believe that it was all talk, just like a fish story; " it was this big, when in reality it was only so small".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread