Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, You never really know when and where you'll hit the goodies - I would recommend you go on a road trip and try some CRHing
as you go . Try to score a mix of CWR's and boxes - the different areas may hold a surprise for you - also to avoid burnout mix up
the denominations too.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing CRH for about 2 months now; still a rookie. In fact, I don't even know some of the acronyms some use. I was skeptical about some of the posts because for the first month I was almost completely skunked. I tried halves, dimes, and nickels regularly (at least 1 box of each a week and 2 a week for dimes and nickels). But last week I got a box from a local bank that produced 200 silver coins (8 Walkers, 21 Franklins, 21 '64 Kennedys, and the rest 40% Kennedys). This was the chance of a lifetime, but the point is I had to weigh through a lot of skunks before I struck. Several people told me that patience is the key to the hobby. I'm living proof. GL and HH...Brad

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
Well, You never really know when and where you'll hit the goodies - I would recommend you go on a road trip and try some CRHing
as you go . Try to score a mix of CWR's and boxes - the different areas may hold a surprise for you - also to avoid burnout mix up
the denominations too.

Best advice ever!!! It's all mostly 90% luck

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
19 box skunk streak here... But it's just part of the hobby.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have many long skunk streaks, neither many big scores. Slow & steady to build my stack.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing CRH for about 2 months now; still a rookie. In fact, I don't even know some of the acronyms some use. I was skeptical about some of the posts because for the first month I was almost completely skunked. I tried halves, dimes, and nickels regularly (at least 1 box of each a week and 2 a week for dimes and nickels). But last week I got a box from a local bank that produced 200 silver coins (8 Walkers, 21 Franklins, 21 '64 Kennedys, and the rest 40% Kennedys). This was the chance of a lifetime, but the point is I had to weigh through a lot of skunks before I struck. Several people told me that patience is the key to the hobby. I'm living proof. GL and HH...Brad

You mean you had to go through 1 or 2 boxes of halves per week without finding much for a whole month or two before finding a double dream box? Wow. How ever did you persevere? ::)

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found 2 1967 today. First finds of the year. Happy not to be skunked. A slow trickle of 40's and 90's is what I am used to. As long as they don't dry up altogether. HH!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think of CRH like your playing a slot machine. Your not going to hit a jackpot every spin.

ILikeMoney

Dec 21, 2014
OHIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've searched 14k so far this year and have only found 19 40%. No 90%.
Slow and steady!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread