Bank called continued.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Short Story,
picked up 5 boxes.. got
image.jpg
View attachment 1143536
and a bunch of NIFC and some hole fillers.

Long story

Went to pick up the 4 boxes at boa, the teller said I will have to wait a few minutes. I said sure, so me and my friend went out to other banks around the area to ask for half dollars. Skunked on 24$ between a capital one and north-field bank. After Picking up 19$ from nf bank, outside crossing the street we ran into the Assistant manager. He remembered me asking for half dollars, and told me he has a box. If I wanted it I can pick it up. I told him, I'm picking up from boa, and I'll get it end of this week if that is ok. He sure no problem. I did not intend to pick it up because I did not have the funds on hand. So me and my friend wen into td to dump, with halves in my hand. Walking by the teller counter to penny, the teller is eye balling me. Just as I was about to start dumping he asked, are those half dollars? I said yeah. He then calls me over and gave him a few, thinking he will take them as it is. I then noticed he started looking through them, so I asked him are you looking for silver? With a smile on his face, he said yeah. I told him none of those are, and I'm looking for them myself. He then said oh, then you can dump them in. Me and my friend are laughing. Made the dump, went to cash out. The teller asked are you sure those were not silver? I told him yeah, none of them are, I know the game. Took my cash and said thanks, good luck and left. Went to boa, made my 4 box pick up. As I sat in the car with my friend, asked him should I pick up the box from NF bank? He said yeah might as well. Drove around and parked right in front. Went in bought the box using funds from the account. Went home, we weighted then opened each roll. The rolls with 90%er stuck out, At over 226.8-9 grams. 40%ers hovered at 225.9 to 226.3. The rest of the rolls were skunks. I still have 470$ in unsearched rolls to go over later, fingers are crossed that a few 40% made it pass the weigh in. Out of 5 boxes, took out some NIFC, a few hole fillers for the Whitman folder, and a clad proof. Oh, the reason why my friend is with me, it is his money in the boa account. I told him he can keep every 3rd 90%er found and every 4th 40%er found. I gave him the walking liberty since, that was his first wl and silver found in a roll.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Was hoping for a Benjamin, but he didnt show up:BangHead:. So Im still waiting for my first Ben...

Now, I'm expecting another two boxes from two other boa that is a 10 minute drive from my house. Picking those up near the end of this week. Those of you with skunk streak, keep at it! Never give up! Silver is out there, you just need to dilute your supply. Those of you who bash me about weighting the rolls, I'm doing this for the silver. the fun is just part of the game. I'm sure some of you do it for the fun, and the silver is just part of the game. Still I wish you all luck and more silver in your next hunt.
Oh yeah, who is this guy? Buffalo boy
image.jpg
Back has 2 14 written on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
6 more 40%er showed up in the weighted rolls. So dont just weigh your rolls if you are looking for all silvers. Anyone know who is M.P? seen a few of those marked coins.
11139481_10152949975167408_1257012205_n.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found one of my marked coins!! I marked and released it in February 2014, hence the "2 14" on the reverse. Great mix of coins you found :thumbsup:

By the way, your 2005-S proof looks like it is 90% silver based off of how white it is!

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found one of my marked coins!! I marked and released it in February 2014, hence the "2 14" on the reverse. Great mix of coins you found :thumbsup:

By the way, your 2005-S proof looks like it is 90% silver based off of how white it is!

HEY THERE! BuffaloBoy, in which state are you located? Yes it is 90%, the rim of that 2005 S looks amazing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread