Someone cant count but thats ok with me.

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone can't count but thats ok with me.

Decided to hit a couple of banks on my to purchase a new computer. Asked if they had any halves and one teller says yes we have two rolls in the vault. She retrieved them and i handed her a twenty and she gave me the two CWR rolls. At first I thought she had handed me two of those twenty dollar rolls of dollar coins but the wrappers were stamped $10.00 Halves. Whoever had rolled them up filled the wrappers to the ends and then folded over the ends and taped hem shut. Didn't say anything just walked to the car. Opened up the first roll and dumped 30 40% halves into my hand! Grabbed the second roll and it was a mix of clad and 40%ers but ended up with another 10 40% halves. So I ended up paying $20 for what was actually $30 face and ended up with 40 40%ers and a roll of clad.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, now that's a win! Go back to the bank and see if you can buy the other customer wrapped rolled coin that they have.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Decided to hit a couple of banks on my to purchase a new computer. Asked if they had any halves and one teller says yes we have two rolls in the vault. She retrieved them and i handed her a twenty and she gave me the two CWR rolls. At first I thought she had handed me two of those twenty dollar rolls of dollar coins but the wrappers were stamped $10.00 Halves. Whoever had rolled them up filled the wrappers to the ends and then folded over the ends and taped hem shut. Didn't say anything just walked to the car. Opened up the first roll and dumped 30 40% halves into my hand! Grabbed the second roll and it was a mix of clad and 40%ers but ended up with another 10 40% halves. So I ended up paying $20 for what was actually $30 face and ended up with 40 40%ers and a roll of clad.

Nice job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions