A special request to a California Silver Coin Roll Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated Cobbolicious, our rules are not open for discussion or debate in open forum, per our rules you handle it through pm.

" Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.

POST LONGEVITY
There are times we may need to free up hard disk space, and may delete older threads by date. There are other times when whole sections may be deleted, or changed. We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason."

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobbolicious, since you refuse to stop arguing with mod and follow rules posted you leave me no choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is hilarious.
That is the second "give up/no silver" I have found this year.
Is the red one the mark of Omega?

It is not funny to my 7 year old twins. All they see is someone marking up the coins that they like to collect. It is hard for me to explain somethings in life to them.........??? I gave up tryng to explain this thread to them after the first few replies.:laughing7:

Last edited:

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoping no choice meant 1 week suspension. Anyways seeing your coins makes me want to start writing jokes with the punch line on the reverse :D

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not funny to my 7 year old twins. All they see is someone marking up the coins that they like to collect. It is hard for me to explain somethings in life to them.........??? I gave up tryng to explain this thread to them after the first few replies.:laughing7:

So many "adults" could learn a lot from your 7-year-olds. It seems that they know that no real good could come from marking coins.

Last edited:

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Let me just start by saying this. I've been doing this long before most here were borne. I do a large volume of coin and even dump out of state. I clean thousands of CRH marks even the yellow and green ones that were out here by the thousands. Am I hurting the collector value? No. I dump out of state and every now and then I will mark several to see if they make it back to CA. I am a respectful hunter and follow the CHR etiquette, unlike most of the newbies that have screwed this hobby to early extinction.

If people are looking for coins to fill holes in their albums, keep searching. Isn't that what this hobby is about? If this was one of my coins and I got it back, it would have been cleaned and put back in circulation.
So many "adults" could learn a lot from your 7-year-olds. It seems that they know that no real good could come from marking coins.

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I think my joke coins idea a few posts ago was a good one. Like, short 8 word at most jokes to brighten someone's day. Maybe they got skunked, maybe they would be collecting my joke coins.

The most common mark I see on my halves is a thin black line through the center of the coin. Other than that, which I see at least 10 of every box, I see not much else.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me just start by saying this. I've been doing this long before most here were borne. I do a large volume of coin and even dump out of state. I clean thousands of CRH marks even the yellow and green ones that were out here by the thousands. Am I hurting the collector value? No. I dump out of state and every now and then I will mark several to see if they make it back to CA. I am a respectful hunter and follow the CHR etiquette, unlike most of the newbies that have screwed this hobby to early extinction.

If people are looking for coins to fill holes in their albums, keep searching. Isn't that what this hobby is about? If this was one of my coins and I got it back, it would have been cleaned and put back in circulation.

I don't think you're the Omega we're talking about, it's a certain other member.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge

Things did get a little off track.
Most of the coins I find that are marked on are VERY common dates. I understand your twins not liking it but it seems for some that marking coins is part of the hobby. Sometimes it is a way to check on your pick up and dumping. The least amount of your own searched coins coming back to you the better. I do not see any other way to check that.
I do not understand marking every coin as I have seen a few times. I have gotten a few boxes where 60 to 70 percent of the box was marked. That is frustrating. But, again part of the hobby.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't think you're the Omega we're talking about, it's a certain other member.
No, these be them here- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...rnia-silver-coin-roll-hunter.html#post4707567

All this craziness over a few marked halves out of hundreds and hundreds of millions, ridiculous.

Last edited:

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
If people are looking for coins to fill holes in their albums, keep searching. Isn't that what this hobby is about? If this was one of my coins and I got it back, it would have been cleaned and put back in circulation.[/QUOTE]

Omegaman
Your mark was just cleaned off and the coin sent back out into the wild.

Last edited:

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]My bad. I jumped the gun. I got all caught up in the anger, sorry won't happen again.

[/FONT]

yvairguy

Greenie
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one with the Nadeem stickers on it today. Interesting I was wondering where omega and SW were at in SoCal and that narrows it down quite a bit.

What exactly did he do? just cut you off? and how much were you ordering before his got pissed?

I started getting flack from one the banks, and the lady that worked there said the guy from the armor car company was complaining, I tracked down where they were based out of and called their manager and asked them if they thought it was wrong to ask someone to do the job they signed on for..... there wasn't a problem after that.

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started getting flack from one the banks, and the lady that worked there said the guy from the armor car company was complaining, I tracked down where they were based out of and called their manager and asked them if they thought it was wrong to ask someone to do the job they signed on for..... there wasn't a problem after that.

Great... that will make things much better in the long run for CRHing

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I found one with the Nadeem stickers on it today. Interesting I was wondering where omega and SW were at in SoCal and that narrows it down quite a bit.

What exactly did he do? just cut you off? and how much were you ordering before his got pissed?

Brilliant...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread