All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got 2 boxes and about $250 in CWRs on my way to Long Beach Show in January. All skunks. I think that guy is right: no silver in California.

OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then I wish everyone who thought that would quit coin roll hunting in California:laughing7: Hey .....and who said it was a GUY:dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've known a few that could change your opinion:weather_lightning:

OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone hunting silver halves in California is randomly writing "GIVE UP/NO SILVER" in permanent marker and I would like to ask you to stop. I am searching the coins for other collections and I don't want to clean my coins.

Thank you.

Last box of halves I found 28- 40% silvers :laughing7: and not one marked with" no silver give up" :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't blame the guy for trying to eliminate the competition, lol. Another note, these are circulated clad JFK half dollars, chances are if your coin is not BU straight out of the mint type condition, it hold hold much value over face 100-200 years from now. Cleaning the coin won't affect its value much either... With that being said, if you do write on coins while crh, please write on the most beat up worn coins out of your boxes. This way you can please yourself and the collectors as well.

egeorge1

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
If you must, mark up beat up 71 and 72 halves, no shortage of those! I too am putting together a clad circulation set. It makes all the lack of silver more fun.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
True. I have found several. Really hurts the resale value. Some people, however, may never learn that some errors are worth far more than silver and never check.

bamiddle

Jun 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen a few of those myself!

To top it off last week I saw one that had a sticker of a person on it and it said; "Hello my name is Nadeem Kachi. I enjoy screwing over Wells Fargo Business customers in SoCal." I wish i would have kept it i didn't think to. The sticker had this dudes face on it...

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen a few of those myself!

To top it off last week I saw one that had a sticker of a person on it and it said; "Hello my name is Nadeem Kachi. I enjoy screwing over Wells Fargo Business customers in SoCal." I wish i would have kept it i didn't think to. The sticker had this dudes face on it...

I looked him up online and he's a branch manager at WF.

Sounds like he pissed SOMEONE off :laughing7:

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
This bugs me too. I know NIFC coins don't do it for most of you, but my kids and I like to keep them. Half of them are usually marked up with magic markers. Had a crisp 2015 today that had a solid black ear. Booooo!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen any up here in the far north! That does suck though!!!:BangHead:

bamiddle

Jun 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This bugs me too. I know NIFC coins don't do it for most of you, but my kids and I like to keep them. Half of them are usually marked up with magic markers. Had a crisp 2015 today that had a solid black ear. Booooo!

Thats an easy fix -Acetone. Or take some nail polish remover and a qtip easy fix!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got 2 boxes and about $250 in CWRs on my way to Long Beach Show in January. All skunks. I think that guy is right: no silver in California.
Try 32 boxes in a row from 3 different banks over a 2 week period, like I did. Then you can say there is no silver.

OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow: WOW- sorry.

and I got a silver 1964 D Dime in store change yesterday. It is still out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread