Bag o IKEs round 2

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Bag 'o IKE's round 2

Picked up a 2nd bag of IKE's this week. First one was back in December, a couple of '73's, a couple clad proofs, a dozen or so machine doubled coins. The bag this week produced 2 blue IKE's, a '71 and a '72 and 1 brown IKE, a '71. Very cool. I'm now basically half way to a complete IKE collection from circulation.

Also found 3 war nickels and 22 wheat pennies (no key dates).

Unfortunately my halves supplier switched box types about 6 weeks ago and it has been complete skunksville since the change. Also my primary dump bank changed head tellers and now I have to go back to roll dumping versus bag dumping. CRH'ing is a lot less fun when there's no silver to be found....

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the blue and brown ikes!

It's amazing that a bank will even order thrm for you :)

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Nice job on the blue and brown ikes!

It's amazing that a bank will even order thrm for you :)

I feel pretty fortunate. I'm going to try and order ~4 bags a year. It's a 2 hour drive from my house so I plan the pick-ups when I'm going to be in the area anyways.

I searched the bag for type's and found 2 1972 type II's. Feel good to find these. Also found a 1973 we missed in the initial dig for silver.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omg your so lucky... Dang my local coin shop buys Ike's from me at $1.10 for each no matter what condition or anything. Wha do you do with the ones you don't need after your done? Also how the hell did you find a bank to order them??

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Omg your so lucky... Dang my local coin shop buys Ike's from me at $1.10 for each no matter what condition or anything. Wha do you do with the ones you don't need after your done? Also how the hell did you find a bank to order them??

Just dummied into it. Was searching for halves and big dollars out of town one day and the teller said they didn't have any but they could order them for me if I'd like. So I took her up on the offer. I thought I'd probably get halves or small dollars instead but she came through, twice so far. My LCS gives me $1.00 for them and I was glad to get that. I'd love to see $1.10. I'll keep the silver ones, the NIFC's, the proofs, the '72 type 2's, and any of them with nice machine doubling. Other than that they'll all go back into the wild.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dummied into it. Was searching for halves and big dollars out of town one day and the teller said they didn't have any but they could order them for me if I'd like. So I took her up on the offer. I thought I'd probably get halves or small dollars instead but she came through, twice so far. My LCS gives me $1.00 for them and I was glad to get that. I'd love to see $1.10. I'll keep the silver ones, the NIFC's, the proofs, the '72 type 2's, and any of them with nice machine doubling. Other than that they'll all go back into the wild.
I picked up $50 couple weeks back and got a nice 72 type 2 and some beautiful uncirculated 71 Ds. Have you ever gotten a peace dollar? Heard someone on coincoummunity found a peace in a $1000 bag of Ike's.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much does a bag of Ike's cost? I doubt that I'll get anyone that will order them for me, but I'm gonna try. Thanks...Brad

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only asked two of my pick-up banks if they could order Ikes, both said no. I'm going to keep on trying though.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
$1,000 bags is what I've got. I've never heard of them coming in a different quantity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread