Selling proofs?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys today I took some clad proof half dollars to a coin shop. About 16 of them. They offered me $1 for each of them and $0.75 for some of the really scratched up ones. Would you guys sell your proofs for these prices? I'm not trying to put together a set of them or anything. Also most of the proofs were impaired and had scratches all over none were perfect

Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Hey guys today I took some clad proof half dollars to a coin shop. About 16 of them. They offered me $1 for each of them and $0.75 for some of the really scratched up ones. Would you guys sell your proofs for these prices? I'm not trying to put together a set of them or anything. Also most of the proofs were impaired and had scratches all over none were perfect

I think universally everyone here would say yes, take the $1 or the $0.75. Anything over face for impaired proofs is a win.

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think universally everyone here would say yes, take the $1 or the $0.75. Anything over face for impaired proofs is a win.
Alright thanks! The guys are the same ones who buy my Ike's for $1.10. He even admitted he might be over paying for some of the proofs but didnt care and said if I ever want to sell he will give me a dollar or 75 cents for each.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd sell them all day long for that price. That's about what I get on eBay for them but then I pay fees and it's almost not even worth keeping them.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a rare coin shop. Sell before he changes his mind...which he likely will after he buys about 20 from you and is unable to move them.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I sell circulated proofs through Craigslist for 2 to 4 times face. Getting 1 1/2 to 2 times face from a LCS is very good.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, dude, you have the best freakin' coin shop on the face of this Earth. Sell Ikes and proofs all day to him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread