OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any word yet on the coins?
Dang dude no not yet. However I did go back last week and nobody there has seen her since she brought these it but.......... They had some "regular" 2 dollar bills that they didnt show me last time because they didnt think I'd like them. Turns out it was $350 in red seal twos!! Sold 77 of them for $4.50 a piece at my LCS and the tattered ones for $3.00. Kept a lot for myself however.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang dude no not yet. However I did go back last week and nobody there has seen her since she brought these it but.......... They had some "regular" 2 dollar bills that they didnt show me last time because they didnt think I'd like them. Turns out it was $350 in red seal twos!! Sold 77 of them for $4.50 a piece at my LCS and the tattered ones for $3.00. Kept a lot for myself however.

Any '28s in the bunch, or just all '53s and '63?

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any '28s in the bunch, or just all '53s and '63?
Yep you bet! image.jpg bunch of star notes, one 1963 with four leading zeros, and a set of 3 Uncirculated sequential 1963s

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Check this out its crazy! I thought someone scribbled all over this bill until I accidentally stumbled across it online now I'm only 17 so I had no idea what it was but I definitely think you guys will really appreciate this! The Short Snorter Project - Home Page - What is a Short Snorter? very very interesting piece of history
View attachment 1147983

P.S. it's a 1935 silver one

Sweet! I never heard of this before but now I want one! Maybe I need to start my own.

SouthTexasHunter

Mar 8, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really hoping this old lady is wealthy and doesn't need the money and not just unaware of the value of her collection. I really am hoping.

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really hoping this old lady is wealthy and doesn't need the money and not just unaware of the value of her collection. I really am hoping.
Yea I have no idea who she is or anything. It's just that bank knows me as a collector and saves this stuff for me! I got all the bills put into nice museum grade Mylar sleeves so they're safe. I assume if she has over $1000 in coins she must have a good amount for herself? It must be really really hard for someone her age to get all those coins together :/

P.S. I sold most of the silver $1 and the 1934 bills. I kept around 40 of the best silver 1s for myself, but the 1934 fdr aren't in high demand and barely go for any premium. Kept everything else.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread